Canadian North Boeing 737-275C C-GOPW (msn 22160) YYZ (TMK Photography), originally uploaded by Airliners Gallery.
Canadian North (Yellowknife) effective on April 4, 2011 began operating an additional 25 flights per week to northern communities in the Kitikmeot and Qikiqtani (Baffin) regions.
The addition of these flights provides for more same-day connections to Ottawa through Iqaluit in the Qikiqtani, and the added convenience of more jet service in the Kitikmeot.
Highlights of the new schedule (with flights to Yellowknife and return):
In the Kitikmeot:
- A tripling of jet service between Cambridge Bay and Yellowknife each week, as well as additional frequency including Dash 8 service
- Boeing 737 jet service between Kugaaruk and Yellowknife once a week
- Boeing 737 jet service six days a week from Kugluktuk to Yellowknife, with four jet and three Dash flights in the return direction
- One additional flight per week between Taloyoak and Yellowknife, now offering daily service
Highlights of the new schedule (with flights to Iqaluit and return):
In the Qikiqtani:
- Daily service between Cape Dorset and Iqaluit
- Four flights per week from Clyde River to Iqaluit, with five flights a week returning to the community (allowing for same-day connections to and from Ottawa)
- The addition of four fights a week from Hall Beach to Iqaluit (totalling six flights), with the addition of 3 flights into the community from Iqaluit (allowing for same-day connections to and from Ottawa)
- The addition of 4 flights weekly from Igloolik to Iqaluit and an additional flight from Iqaluit to Igloolik
- Seven flights per week between Pond Inlet and Iqaluit, with fewer stops en route.
Copyright Photo: TMK Photography. Please click on photo for additional information.
Canadian North Slider Show: CLICK HERE
Canadian North’s expanding route map: