About these ads

Finncomm Airlines is acquired by Flybe and Finnair

Finncomm Airlines (Finnish Commuter Airlines) (Helsinki) was acquired by Flybe (Exter) and Finnair (Helsinki) on August 18. The new entity will be rebranded as Flybe Nordic (flybe.fi) on October 30, 2011.

Flybe now holds a 60 percent majority stake in Flybe Nordic, holding a 60 percent stake, with Finnair holding the remaining 40 percent. Flybe will have three seats on the new airline’s board of directors with Finnair having the other two.

The new owners have announced Flybe Nordics’s expanded route network. The expansion features a total of 24 regional routes offering a choice of up to 416 flights a week. This includes all existing routes previously operated by Finncomm together with the addition of nine brand new routes.

This extended program features four new routes from Helsinki, four from key regional cities in Finland and one between Sweden’s Stockholm Bromma airport and Estonia’s capital city, Tallinn. Four of the new routes offer multiple daily frequencies each with a choice of up to three flights a day.

The nine new routes are as follows:

Helsinki — Mariehamn, Aland (twice daily)
Helsinki – Tartu, Estonia (6 times per week)
Helsinki – Trondheim, Norway (4 per week)
Helsinki – Umea, Sweden (4 per week)
Tampere – Tallinn, Estonia (three times daily)
Turku – Tallinn* (twice daily)
Vaasa – Tallinn* (6 per week)
Oulu – Tallinn* (6 per week)
Tallinn – Stockholm Bromma, Sweden (three flights daily)

*Flights start November 14, 2011.

Copyright Photo: Yannick Delamarre.

Finncomm Slide Show: CLICK HERE

New logo:

About these ads

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,729 other followers

%d bloggers like this: