Air Lease Corporation (ALC) (Los Angeles) announced today the following transactions covering 11 twin aisle aircraft and two single aisle aircraft including:
- The purchase of eight new Boeing 787-9 aircraft for lease to Vietnam Airlines. Deliveries of the eight 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft are scheduled for 2017 and 2018. This transaction marks ALC’s longest lead time for a lease placement to date.
- The purchase from Macquarie Aviation of one Boeing 777-300 ER on long term lease to Emirates (a new customer for ALC).
- One incremental A330-200 on long term lease to KLM Royal Dutch Airlines delivering in 2013.
- One A330-300 from the ALC pipeline on long term lease to Sichuan Airlines delivering in 2013. Sichuan airlines also executed a four year extension on one A319 aircraft currently on lease from ALC.
- One Embraer 190 from the ALC pipeline leased to LAM (Mozambique) delivering in 2012.
Copyright Photo: Terry Wade. Vietnam Airlines currently operates 10 Boeing 777-200 ERs for its long-range routes.
Vietnam Airlines Slide Show: CLICK HERE