Icelandair Group (Icelandair) (Keflavik) reported a second quarter net profit of $14.3 million.
In addition, in its report, the group stated it is looking at its fleet options with a long-term fleet strategy. Here is the official statement:
TWO OPTIONS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSIDERATION
- | Work in progress on a long-term strategy for Icelandair Group’s fleet
- | The work done in close co-operation with the manufacturers Boeing and Airbus
- | Other aircraft manufacturer are also being monitored
- | A decision on the future fleet will be made in near future
- | Options being evaluated:
Option 1: Single fleet of Boeing 757 aircraft until 2022
Option 2: Mixed fleet of Boeing 757 and smaller aircraft
Read the full report: CLICK HERE
Copyright Photo: Keith Burton. Besides utilizing its Boeing 757 fleet for scheduled passenger and charter operations, the flag carrier also operates the Boeing 757 as a freighter. Icelandair Cargo Boeing 757-23A PCF TF-FIG (msn 24456) climbs away from Southend with its additional “Absolutely Fresh” titles and logo for its fish-hauling operations.