Branson, Missouri to convert to a Southwest city on March 9
Southwest Airlines (Dallas) announced today the carrier will add a 79th destination to its route map with service to Branson, Missouri, beginning in March 2013. Southwest starts service in Branson on March 9, 2013, with daily flights offering nonstop service to Dallas (Love), Houston (Hobby), and Chicago (Midway), and with Saturday-only service to Orlando. Southwest will assume all flying from AirTran Airways, its wholly owned subsidiary, with AirTran’s operations at Branson fully converting to Southwest Airlines.
Southwest’s Branson Service:
- One daily nonstop flight between Branson and Dallas Love Field
- One daily nonstop flight between Branson and Houston Hobby
- One daily nonstop flight between Branson and Chicago Midway
- One Saturday-only nonstop flight between Branson and Orlando
Southwest also announced today that the airline has extended its flight schedule for travel between March 9, 2013, and April 12, 2013. In the new schedule, Southwest will begin service between several markets as listed below. The carrier also will add seasonal service to this flight schedule to accommodate Spring Break travel.
Southwest’s new markets:
- Two daily nonstop flights between Newark and Nashville
- One daily nonstop flight between Newark and Austin
- One daily nonstop flight between Newark and New Orleans
- One daily nonstop flight between Dayton and Orlando
- One daily nonstop flight between Key West and New Orleans
Copyright Photo: Brian McDonough. Boeing 737-3H4 N352SW (msn 24888) in the special Lone Star One livery arrives at Baltimore/Washington.
New WN routes radiating from Branson: