Spirit Airlines announces even more new routes
Spirit Airlines (Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood) today announced that it is adding two more new routes from Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport starting October 4, 2012, including:
- daily nonstop service between Houston and Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport and
- daily nonstop service between Houston and Las Vegas
Spirit also recently announced it is launching twice daily nonstop service between Houston and Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport on September 20, 2012, with connections available to six destinations including, Baltimore/Washington, Las Vegas, Mesa, Tampa/St. Petersburg, Toluca, and Portland, Oregon.
Spirit Airlines also announced schedules for new service to/from Los Cabos and Cancun, Mexico starting November 8, 2012.
- Daily nonstop service between Los Cabos, Mexico (serving Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo) and San Diego starts November 8, 2012, with connecting service to Dallas/Fort Worth.
- In addition, four weekly nonstop flights between Los Cabos, Mexico and Dallas/Fort Worth start June 13, 2013.
- Three weekly nonstop flights between Cancun, Mexico and Dallas/Fort Worth start April 25, 2013, with service increasing to daily on June 13, 2013.
The company also announced it is adding daily nonstop service between Denver International Airport and Mesa (Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport) starting on October 4, 2012.
Finally the ultra-fare airline announced it is adding daily nonstop service between Portland International Airport and San Diego International Airport starting on November 8, 2012.
Copyright Photo: Bruce Drum. Airbus A320-232 N604NK (msn 4431) taxies to the runway at the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood hub.
Spirit’s growing Route Map: