Allegiant Air‘s (Las Vegas) first Airbus A319 has been painted at Southend awaiting delivery.
In other news, the low-fare airline has cancelled all plans to operate Monterey-Honolulu service according to Airline Route.
On the financial side, the parent company issued the following statement for the third quarter:
Allegiant Travel Company has reported the following financial results for the third quarter 2012 as well as comparisons to prior year equivalents:
|Total operating revenue (millions)||$216.9||$191.5||13.2%|
|Operating income (millions)||$28.7||$16.7||71.8%|
|Net income (millions)||$16.9||$9.5||78.6%|
|Diluted earnings per share||$0.87||$0.49||77.6%|
“We are very proud to report our 39th consecutive profitable quarter,” stated Maurice J. Gallagher, Jr., Chairman and CEO of Allegiant Travel Company. ”I`d like to thank our Team Members for their great efforts and contributions to another successful quarter. The third quarter is typically our weakest quarter of the year, and yet we were able to produce the highest third quarter earnings per share in the company`s history. This is particularly noteworthy to have done this in a quarter with the average oil price at $92 per barrel and in a demand environment that has been slightly weaker than historical norms.”
Notable company highlights
- Entered into a lease agreement with GECAS for nine Airbus A319 aircraft on August 27
- Announced intention to acquire ten Airbus A319 aircraft from Cebu Pacific Air on July 30
- Announced service to Honolulu from Boise, Idaho, Phoenix and Spokane, Wash. to begin in early February 2013
- Announced the formation of Allegiant Systems, a joint venture with AvIntel and Lixar IT to develop and market a wide variety of mobile technology services to the commercial aviation industry
- As of October 23, we have converted 40 MD-80s to 166 seat aircraft
- Announced fifteen routes, in addition to Hawaii, expected to begin in the fourth quarter of 2012
- Average fare – ancillary air-related revenue per passenger has grown to $37.05 in the third quarter 2012, a $4.66 increase since the first quarter 2012
- September average fare – ancillary air-related revenue per passenger has grown to $38.08, a $5.48 increase since March 2012
- 11th consecutive quarter of year over year increases in total average fare
|Average fare – scheduled service||$82.30||$84.94||(3.1)%|
|Average fare – ancillary air-related charges||$37.05||$30.38||22.0%|
|Average fare – ancillary third party products||$5.59||$5.31||5.3%|
|Average fare – total||$124.94||$120.63||3.6%|
|Scheduled service passenger revenue per ASM (PRASM) (cents)||7.89||8.58||(8.0)%|
|Total scheduled service revenue* per ASM (TRASM) (cents)||11.98||12.19||(1.7)%|
|Average passengers per departure||143||136||5.1%|
* Total scheduled service revenue includes scheduled service, ancillary air-related, and ancillary third party revenue.
Copyright Photo: Keith Burton. Formerly operated by easyJet (Switzerland), Airbus A319-111 HB-JZK (msn 2319) is the first A319 for Allegiant Air. It is pictured after painting at a Southend, near London. The airframe will become N301NV on delivery.