Avianca (Colombia) Airbus A320-214 WL F-WWBE (N632AV) (msn 5632) (Sharklets) (partial new livery) TLS (Eurospot). Image: 912194.
Copyright Photo: Eurospot.
Tampa Cargo S.A. (Medellin), the cargo airline of AviancaTaca Holding S.A., officially incorporated the first of four new Airbus A330-200F freighters purchased by the company from Airbus.
The new type will operate between Colombia and the United States, Mexico, Brazil and Peru.
Copyright Photo: Eurospot. Airbus A330-243F F-WWKQ (msn 1368) became N330QT when it was delivered on December 19, 2012.
Allegiant Air‘s (Las Vegas) first Airbus A319 has been painted at Southend awaiting delivery.
In other news, the low-fare airline has cancelled all plans to operate Monterey-Honolulu service according to Airline Route.
On the financial side, the parent company issued the following statement for the third quarter:
Allegiant Travel Company has reported the following financial results for the third quarter 2012 as well as comparisons to prior year equivalents:
|Total operating revenue (millions)||$216.9||$191.5||13.2%|
|Operating income (millions)||$28.7||$16.7||71.8%|
|Net income (millions)||$16.9||$9.5||78.6%|
|Diluted earnings per share||$0.87||$0.49||77.6%|
“We are very proud to report our 39th consecutive profitable quarter,” stated Maurice J. Gallagher, Jr., Chairman and CEO of Allegiant Travel Company. “I`d like to thank our Team Members for their great efforts and contributions to another successful quarter. The third quarter is typically our weakest quarter of the year, and yet we were able to produce the highest third quarter earnings per share in the company`s history. This is particularly noteworthy to have done this in a quarter with the average oil price at $92 per barrel and in a demand environment that has been slightly weaker than historical norms.”
Notable company highlights
- Entered into a lease agreement with GECAS for nine Airbus A319 aircraft on August 27
- Announced intention to acquire ten Airbus A319 aircraft from Cebu Pacific Air on July 30
- Announced service to Honolulu from Boise, Idaho, Phoenix and Spokane, Wash. to begin in early February 2013
- Announced the formation of Allegiant Systems, a joint venture with AvIntel and Lixar IT to develop and market a wide variety of mobile technology services to the commercial aviation industry
- As of October 23, we have converted 40 MD-80s to 166 seat aircraft
- Announced fifteen routes, in addition to Hawaii, expected to begin in the fourth quarter of 2012
- Average fare – ancillary air-related revenue per passenger has grown to $37.05 in the third quarter 2012, a $4.66 increase since the first quarter 2012
- September average fare – ancillary air-related revenue per passenger has grown to $38.08, a $5.48 increase since March 2012
- 11th consecutive quarter of year over year increases in total average fare
|Average fare – scheduled service||$82.30||$84.94||(3.1)%|
|Average fare – ancillary air-related charges||$37.05||$30.38||22.0%|
|Average fare – ancillary third party products||$5.59||$5.31||5.3%|
|Average fare – total||$124.94||$120.63||3.6%|
|Scheduled service passenger revenue per ASM (PRASM) (cents)||7.89||8.58||(8.0)%|
|Total scheduled service revenue* per ASM (TRASM) (cents)||11.98||12.19||(1.7)%|
|Average passengers per departure||143||136||5.1%|
* Total scheduled service revenue includes scheduled service, ancillary air-related, and ancillary third party revenue.
Copyright Photo: Keith Burton. Formerly operated by easyJet (Switzerland), Airbus A319-111 HB-JZK (msn 2319) is the first A319 for Allegiant Air. It is pictured after painting at a Southend, near London. The airframe will become N301NV on delivery.
Air India (Mumbai) will introduce its first Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner into revenue service on September 19 on the Delhi – Chennai and Delhi – Bangalore routes per Airline Route.
Copyright Photo: Duncan Kirk. Boeing 787-8 VT-AND (msn 36278) is seen at Everett (Paine Field).
LAN Airlines (Santiago) is planning to introduce its new Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner on November 1 on the Santiago-Buenos Aires (Ezeiza) per Airline Route. The Santiago-Lima route will follow on November 4.
Copyright Photo: Nick Dean. The first, the pictured Boeing 787-8 CC-BBA (msn 38471) is due to be handed over on August 31.
Air India (Mumbai) is planning to take delivery of three Boeing 787-8 Dreamliners this month according to this report by livemint.com. Apparently Boeing and Air India have settled their differences concerning compensation for the delivery delays.
Read the full report: CLICK HERE
Copyright Photo: Duncan Kirk. The pictured Boeing 787-8 VT-AND (msn 36278) is getting ready for hand over to the Indian flag carrier.
Cosmo Airlines (Madrid) is a new Spanish charter and ACMI carrier. On July 10 the new airline took delivery of its first aircraft, this Airbus A320. A320-212 LY-COM (msn 528) is actually wet-leased from Avion Express (Vilnius).
Copyright Photo: Ton Jochems. LY-COM is pictured on the ramp today operating a flight to Kos, Greece for Arkefly.