Air Canada rouge (Toronto-Pearson) today begins year round flying between Toronto (Pearson) and Orlando, Florida with three daily departures and two more starting on December 14. By March 1, 2014 the airline will fly six times daily to/from Orlando, more than any other Canadian carrier. Customers on this route now have the option of enhanced comfort with Premium rouge service in addition to rouge and rouge Plus service on Air Canada rouge’s Airbus A319 aircraft. Premium rouge service on the A319 aircraft will also be introduced on several Air Canada rouge destinations in the US, Caribbean and Mexico to be launched in the coming months.
Air Canada rouge will also assume the Montreal-Orlando route on February 15, 2014.
Toronto departures to Orlando:
- 9:30 a.m. arrive Orlando 12:20 p.m.
- 5:10 p.m. arrive Orlando 8:00 p.m.
- 8:40 p.m. arrive Orlando 11:30 p.m.
- 6:30 a.m. arrive Orlando 9:23 a.m. (Dec. 14- April 30/14)
- 11:10 a.m. arrive Orlando 14:03 p.m. (Dec. 14- April 30/14)
- 6:50 p.m. arrive Orlando 9:43 p.m. (March 1-28/14)
Orlando departures to Toronto:
- 7:15 a.m. arrive Toronto 10.04 a.m.
- 1:15 p.m. arrive Toronto 4:04 p.m.
- 8:55 p.m. arrive Toronto 11:44 p.m.
- 6:00 a.m. arrive Toronto 8:49 a.m. (March 1-28/14)
- 10:15 a.m. arrive Toronto 1:04 p.m. (Dec. 14- April 30/14)
- 2:55 p.m. arrive Toronto 5:44 p.m. (Dec. 14- April 30/14)
*actual flight times may vary slightly with seasonal changes.
Air Canada rouge introduces Airbus A319 Premium rouge service
Air Canada rouge is operating newly retrofitted A319 aircraft on select routes featuring 136 seats, including the introduction of 12 Premium rouge seats in the front 3 rows of the aircraft in a separate curtained cabin. Premium rouge features a 35″ pitch with a 5″ recline, blocked middle seats for more personal space, complimentary entertainment including both free content and iPads and a premium meal and beverage service. Premium rouge customers also enjoy complimentary Maple Leaf Lounge access, priority check in, security and boarding. Premium rouge service will be offered on the following routes:
- Toronto-Orlando starting today, November 25
- Toronto-Sarasota, Florida, launching November 30
- Toronto-Kingston, Jamaica, launching Jan.6
- Toronto-San Jose, Costa Rica, launching Jan. 6
- Toronto-Cancun, Mexico, launching Jan. 6
- Montreal-Las Vegas, USA, launching March 1
In addition to Premium rouge, the cabin also features 6 new slimline rouge Plus seats in a 3+3 configuration directly behind the Premium rouge cabin offering more legroom; and 118 new slimline rouge seats in a 3+3 configuration. A tasty selection of meals, drinks and snacks, as well as comfort items such as pillows, blankets and headphones are available to rouge and rouge Plus customers onboard through Air Canada rouge’s Buy On Board service.
Air Canada rouge crew offer the airline’s unique warm welcome onboard. Trained in Orlando in Customer Service Excellence, they take every measure to ensure flights that are relaxed, enjoyable and are a memorable start and end to a Florida vacation. Air Canada rouge aircraft are all equipped with player, a next generation in-flight entertainment system that streams unlimited live entertainment — including movies, TV shows, kids programming, music and an About Us section — to customers’ personal electronic devices. Air Canada rouge is one of the first airlines in North America to offer streaming onboard content. player is offered at a nominal fee of $5 for rouge and rouge Plus customers for unlimited movie and TV show access; music and destination content are always complimentary. Customers are invited to bring their own fully-charged laptop or iPad, iPod or iPhone, or they can rent an iPad on board for $10.
Copyright Photo: TMK Photography/AirlinersGallery.com. Airbus A319-112 C-GSJB (msn 1673) departs from Toronto (Pearson).