LOT Polish Airlines has made this announcement:
Following the decision of the government of Poland to suspend international air traffic, which has been caused by the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, all LOT connections, from both Poland and Hungary, will be suspended as of March 15, 2020 for a period of 10 days.
We will keep you informed about all changes.
Because of a large amount of questions we kindly ask all passengers who booked flights for the next few days and want to cancel or change the date of reservations to contact us in the first place.
Previously the airline made this announcement:
Due to the continuous spread of coronavirus 2019-nCoV, as well as a lower global demand for travels, LOT Polish Airlines has made decisions regarding selected medium- and long-haul connections.
Due to the continuous spread of coronavirus 2019-nCoV, as well as a lower global demand for travels, LOT Polish Airlines has made decisions regarding selected medium- and long-haul connections:
- Flights from Warsaw to Milan and Venice – will continue to be suspended until April 3;
- Flights from Budapest to Seoul – will continue to be suspended until April 8;
- Flights from Warsaw to Beijing – will continue to be suspended until April 25;
- The frequency of individual flights to Tel Aviv from Warsaw and other regional airports in Poland – will be reduced until April 24;
- Flights from Warsaw and Budapest to London-City; from Kraków to Bucharest; and from Warsaw to Zaporizhia – will be suspended in the upcoming days until April 24;
- The launch of flights from Warsaw to Ostrava – will be postponed to September 1.
- Additionally: the frequency of flights on selected medium and long-haul routes will be reduced – until April 24.
We are monitoring the costs of the coronavirus impact on our flight operations. Further operational decisions will be made based on the global epidemiological situation development.
Passengers are being informed about all changes in their travels on an ongoing basis. To meet the expectations of our customers, we have introduced a flexible travel policy – passengers who purchase tickets by March 31, for flights in the period of March 6 – April 24, may change their reservation free of charge for flights by the end of the year. Passengers may obtain more information at the LOT Contact Center.
We remain in constant contact with the representatives of the Ministry of Health and the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate, as well as with other airlines. We have also introduced restrictive procedures and additional security measures on board aircraft in order to provide our passengers and employees with the highest level of security.
LOT Polish Airlines aircraft photo gallery: