IAM made this announcement:
The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM), North America’s largest air transport union, has reached a new tentative agreement with Southwest Airlines that would give its members between a 16% and 25% general wage increase over four years and place its members at the top of the airline industry’s pay scale.
The IAM represents approximately 8,300 Customer Service Employees, including Customer Representatives, Customer Service Agents and Source of Support Representatives, at Southwest Airlines.
The five-year tentative agreement includes several improvements over the previous failed tentative agreement, including:
- Higher general wage increases
- “Me too” clauses for top-of-scale wage rate, signing bonus/retro pay, and paid parking.
- Higher bonuses with no maximum
- Part-time employee overtime wage rate improvements
- Stronger mandatory overtime protections for all employees
Top Copyright Photo: Southwest Airlines Boeing 737-8H4 SSWL N8608N (msn 36638) CLT (Jay Selman). Image: 404203.
Southwest Airlines aircraft slide show: