Cirium’s Global On-Time Performance Report: May 2023
- Norwegian Air Shuttle was named Europe’s most punctual carrier last month, with 89.25% of flights arriving on-time
- LOT Polish Airlines landed second position, with over 88.68% of all flights arriving on-time
- Iberia, Finnair and Austrian Airlines also made the top five, offering customers punctual service on over 80% of flights
- No UK airline featured in the top 10 of most punctual European carriers.
- Globally, Avianca was named the most punctual airline in May, with 89.51% of flights arriving at their destination on-time
- The second spot was highly contested, with Delta Air Lines securing an 88.86% punctuality score, just head of LATAM Airlines which took third place with 88.23%
- Iberia and ANA took fourth and fifth spot, with 86.63% and 86.04% respectively.
- Four of the top five most on-time airports were in North America – with Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport taking the top spot
- Detroit, Salt Lake City and Philadelphia also made the top five, alongside Bogota Airport which took second position
- Oslo Airport was the most punctual in Europe, with 86.41% of all flights departing on-time.
- The number of cancelled flights within Europe remained relatively constant in May 2023 compared to the previous month
- In May 2023, 7,600 flights were cancelled within Europe, up from 7,468 in April 2023.
For further analysis of airlines’ punctuality scores in May 2023, please see the full report here.