All Nippon Airways (ANA), Japan’s largest and 5-Star airline for ten consecutive years, is launching three DHC8-400 aircraft featuring a special livery with art and characters of the popular anime TV series “Demon Slayer.” The new design will be unveiled on July 14, 2023, with a total of three aircraft entering service by the end of July on domestic routes in Japan.
In addition, from July 25, 2023, specially designed stickers will be distributed to passengers traveling on the DHC8-400 aircraft, which can be used to activate augmented reality (AR) photo frames. The new aircraft are an addition to the Demon Slayer collaboration which began in December 2021.
We look forward to welcoming you onboard to experience the special collaboration between ANA and “Demon Slayer”.
1. Specially Designed Aircraft
The special DHC-8-400 aircraft will enter service on July 14, 2023, with a total of three aircraft to be introduced during the month of July. The design for the new livery is based on an original illustration by ufotable, drawn exclusively for the ANA aircraft, and will be featured on the exterior of the aircraft’s entrance door and on each seat.
Schedule: To enter service from July 14, 2023, with a total of three aircraft to be introduced by the end of July.
Aircraft: Three DHC8-400 aircraft (JA844A, JA846A, JA850A)
Routes: The aircraft will be operated on existing domestic routes and flights. The inaugural flight is scheduled to be NH1153 (Itami Osaka to Fukuoka) on July 14.
- *Schedules are subject to change without notice.
One of the designs will be applied to the seat table of each seat.
2. Special Design Stickers
From July 25, 2023, stickers with the in-flight decal design will be distributed to passengers boarding the DHC8-400 aircraft. A total of 24 aircraft will feature the specialty designed stickers including those without the special livery.
- *A total of 3 stickers are included in each set. For special sets, a total of 4 stickers are included, including a secret design.
- *The stickers will be available upon request. One set will be given per person.
- *Distribution of the stickers may end when out of stock.
3. Augmented Reality (AR) Photo Frame
As a keepsake, ANA will offer AR photo frames that can be activated with the specially designed stickers.
- *A smartphone app will be necessary to access the contents.
- *The AR contents will be available at airport terminals where the DHC8-400 aircraft are in service (the contents are unavailable during the flights).