Cirium have revealed Europe’s most punctual airlines in June 2023, alongside the region’s current cancellation trends.
From aviation analytics firm Cirium.
Cirium’s Global On-Time Performance Report: June 2023 Cancellations:
- The number of cancelled flights within Europe rose 37% in June 2023, as summer travel took off
- In June 2023, 10,402 flights were cancelled within Europe, up from 7,600 in May 2023
- In North America, cancellations rose a staggering 188% in June, compared to the previous month.
- LOT Polish Airlines was named Europe’s most punctual carrier last month, with 82.72% of flights arriving on-time
- Norwegian Air Shuttle landed second position, with 82.02% of all flights arriving on-time
- Iberia, Finnair and Austrian also made the top five, offering customers punctual service on over 78% of flights
- No UK airline featured in the top 10 of most punctual European carriers.
- Globally, Avianca was named the most punctual airline in June, with 86.61% of flights arriving at their destination on-time
- The second spot was highly contested, with LATAM Airlines securing an 86.54% punctuality score, just head of Qatar Airways which took third place with 85%
- ANA and Saudia took fourth and fifth spot, with 84.29% and 84.11% respectively.
For further analysis of airlines’ punctuality scores in June 2023, please see the full report here.