Cirium Data – Summer travel analysisAugust departures:
- During August 2023, 92,549 flights are scheduled to depart UK airports – equating to over 16.5 million seats
- This August is scheduled to see the highest number of UK departures since October 2019, as the post-pandemic recovery continues
- Departures from the UK this month are projected to hit 89% of August 2019 levels with pre-pandemic departures sitting at 104,007
- Scheduled UK departures are up 11% compared to August 2022 and up 101% compared to August 2021, as travellers resume business and leisure trips
- From the UK, Dublin remains the most popular international destination by scheduled flights, followed by Amsterdam, Palma, Malaga and Faro.
- Looking at the major hotspots for summer holidays, Cirium data reveals how each market has recovered in popularity since the pandemic:
|Flights from the UK to…||August 2023 departures||August 2019 departures||% recovery|