WestJet has releases these photos of its first Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner (C-GUDH).
WestJet has releases these photos of its first Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner (C-GUDH).
airBaltic has carried 3 842 952 or 18% more passengers during the first eleven months of 2018 than in the same period last year to its network spanning Europe, Scandinavia, Russia, CIS and the Middle East. In November 2018, 289 566 passengers or 15% more than last year travelled with airBaltic.
Martin Gauss, Chief Executive Officer of airBaltic: “This is another record year for airBaltic, and we will maintain our sustainable growth path also in the future, by launching at least six new destinations in 2019. Recently we were recognized as the leading Latvian exporter by the Investment and Development Agency of Latvia and Ministry of Economics of the Republic of Latvia. As we expand our operations, we continue to strengthen our positions as the leading Latvian export brand.”
During the first eleven months of 2018 airBaltic has operated 51 791 flights. In November 2018, the airline performed 4 375 flights, or 12% more than in the same period of 2017. The airline’s load factor, which represents the number of passengers as a proportion of the number of available seats, during first eleven months of 2018 was at a level of 76%.
The 15-minute flight punctuality indicator for airBaltic during the first eleven months of 2018 reached a level of 88%. This means that more than 88 out of every 100 airBaltic flights departed at the planned time or with a delay of no more than 15 minutes. In November, punctuality indicator reached 92%.
Embraer and Boeing have approved to the terms of a strategic partnership that would position both companies to accelerate growth in global aerospace markets.
The approved terms define the joint venture comprising the commercial aircraft and services operations of Embraer, in which Boeing will hold an 80 percent ownership stake and Embraer will hold the remaining 20 percent. The transaction remains subject to approval by the Government of Brazil, after which Embraer and Boeing intend to execute definitive transaction documents. The closing of the transaction will then be subject to shareholder and regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions.
Under the terms of the proposed partnership, Boeing will acquire an 80 percent ownership stake in the joint venture for $4.2 billion. The partnership is expected to be neutral to Boeing’s earnings per share in 2020 and accretive thereafter. Estimated annual pre-tax cost synergies of approximately $150 million are anticipated by the third year of operations.
Once the transaction has closed, the commercial aviation joint venture will be led by Brazil-based management, including a president and chief executive officer. Boeing will have operational and management control of the new company, which will report directly to Dennis Muilenburg, Boeing chairman, president and chief executive officer. Embraer will retain consent rights for certain strategic decisions, such as transfer of operations from Brazil.
“Boeing and Embraer know each other well through more than two decades of collaboration, and the respect we have for each other and the value we see in this partnership has only increased since we announced our joint efforts earlier this year,” said Dennis Muilenburg, Boeing chairman, president and chief executive officer.
“We are confident that this partnership will deliver great value to Brazil and the Brazilian aerospace industry as a whole. This alliance will strengthen both companies in the global market and is aligned with our long-term sustainable growth strategy,” said Paulo Cesar de Souza e Silva, Embraer president and chief executive officer.
The companies have also agreed to the terms of another joint venture to promote and develop new markets for the multi-mission medium airlift KC-390. Under the terms of this proposed partnership, Embraer will own a 51 percent stake in the joint venture, with Boeing owning the remaining 49 percent.
The transaction is subject to approval by the Government of Brazil, ratification by the Embraer Board of Directors and its further authorization to execute the definitive transaction documents. Once the parties have executed the definitive transaction agreements, the strategic partnership will then be subject to shareholder and regulatory approvals, as well as other customary closing conditions. Assuming the approvals are received in a timely manner, the transaction is intended to close by the end of 2019.
TAP Air Portugal has announced its latest new destination: San Francisco. This new route reinforces and consolidates the Company’s bet in that market, now extending its reach to reach California, on the west coast of the USA.
TAP´s operation to San Francisco begins on June 10, 2019 and will have five flights per week on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Flights depart from Lisbon at 10:00 am and arrive in San Francisco at 14:40 pm, local time. On the opposite direction, the departure is at 16:10 pm, arriving in Lisbon at 11:25 am, on the following day.
San Francisco will be the TAP´s eighth destination in North America and the third new destination for TAP in the United States next year. Chicago and Washington are also available for sale, with operation starting on June 1 and June 16, 2019 respectively.
In the North American market, TAP had three destinations in 2015, and now has nine routes, increasing its weekly frequencies from 16 to 56.
TAP also reinforced the number of weekly flights from Porto to Newark (from 2 to 6 weekly flights).
In the North Atlantic, TAP flies to: San Francisco, Washington, Chicago, New York – JFK, New York – Newark, Boston and Miami, departing from Lisbon, and New York – Newark departing from Porto, as well as Toronto , In Canada.
The expansion and renovation of the TAP´s fleet has made these new routes possible. The company has already received seven Airbus aircraft this year, with more arriving over the next years, to a total of 71 new aircraft by 2025. The first new aircraft the company received was an Airbus A320neo, which has been in service since June. Two Airbus A321neo’s joined the TAP fleet in September. A new Airbus A330neo arrived in Lisbon, with TAP set to become the first airline in the world to put this aircraft into service. On Saturday, December 8, 2018 a new Airbus A321neo arrived, with another A321neo arriving in Lisbon from the Airbus factory on Tuesday December 11, 2018.
Top Copyright Photo (all others by the airline): TAP Portugal – Air Portugal Airbus A330-343 CS-TOU (msn 997) LIS (Marcelo F. De Biasi). Image: 940710.
TAP Air Portugal aircraft slide show:
JetBlue Airways has announced the start of new service in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, with the arrival of inaugural flights from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL), Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) and Long Beach Airport (LGB).
Service started on December 15.
JetBlue nonstop service to the Steamboat/Hayden Airport (HDN) is currently scheduled as follows:
The new routes connect the world-renowned ski destination with three key regions of JetBlue’s route map and operate on a winter seasonal schedule.
JetBlue becomes the only airline to offer nonstop service from both New England and South Florida to Steamboat Springs. And Long Beach service opens up a new and convenient airport choice for Southern California travelers. Twice-weekly Boston and Long Beach service operates Wednesdays and Saturdays, with Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood service operating weekly on Saturdays.
JetBlue flights serve Yampa Valley Regional Airport (HDN), just 30 minutes from downtown Steamboat Springs.
JetBlue will operate new Steamboat Springs flights using its Airbus A320 aircraft.
Top Copyright Photo (others by the airport): JetBlue Airways Airbus A320-232 N569JB (msn 2075) (10th Anniversary) LGB (Michael B. Ing). Image: 944819.
JetBlue aircraft slide show:
|June 1996||Emirates receives delivery of its first Boeing 777 aircraft A6-EMD, a Boeing 777-200 classic|
|June 2003||Emirates announces order for 26 Boeing 777-300ERs at the 2003 Paris Air Show, worth US$ 5.6 billion|
|March 2005||Emirates receives its first Boeing 777-300 ER|
|2009||Emirates becomes the world’s largest operator of the Boeing 777 aircraft|
|November 2013||Emirates makes aviation history with a record-breaking order for 150 Boeing 777x aircraft|
|October 2014||Emirates receives its 100th Boeing 777-300ER aircraft|
|September 2015||Emirates receives its 150th Boeing 777 aircraft|
|November 2016||Emirates starts taking delivery of its new generation Boeing 777-300ER with enhanced Business Class seats and improved environmental performance|
|Emirates unveils brand new cabins for its Boeing 777 fleet including the Game-changing, fully enclosed private suites in First Class|
Boeing announced on social media:
It’s the end of an era and the start of a new one. Ryanair took delivery of its last 737 NG on December 13. Thanks for being all-Boeing and get ready for the 737 MAX “Gamechanger”.