United Airlines today announced it has entered into a new alliance agreement with New Delhi-based airline, Vistara. The agreement, effective in Fall 2019, further expands United’s global route network to more than 20 destinations throughout India. United currently operates more nonstop service to India than any other U.S. carrier.
United has served India since 2005, offering customers year-round daily nonstop flights between Newark and Mumbai and New Delhi.
Beginning Dec. 5, 2019, United’s seasonal service between San Francisco and New Delhi will enable business and leisure travelers nonstop access from the U.S. West Coast. The new flight will connect customers from more than 80 U.S. cities to India with just one stop in San Francisco.
Vistar introduced the Boeing 737-800 on May 31, 2019 as flight UK 695 between Delhi and Amritsar. The new type was previously operated by Jet Airways.
In addition to convenient, one-stop connections to more than 20 destinations from Mumbai and New Delhi, the new United/Vistara alliance agreement enables United customers traveling from the United States with a seamless travel experience including:
- Connecting flight opportunities from Mumbai and New Delhi further enhances United’s network offering from its U.S. hubs in New York/Newark and San Francisco.
- Reciprocal frequent flyer benefits – United MileagePlus members earn and redeem frequent flyer miles on all Vistara routes and Vistara’s Club Vistara members earn and redeem frequent flyer miles on all Vistara and United routes.
- United will place its UA* marketing code on more than 20 flights operated by Vistara (subject to government approval).
- Coordinated United and Vistara customer service.
- Single ticket booking and checked baggage to the customer’s final destination.