Jet2 (Jet2.com) has become the first U.K. airline to remove the mask requirement with this announcement:
“It’s no longer a legal requirement to wear a face mask at our airports or onboard our planes. However, as per UK Government guidance, we recommend that you continue to wear a face mask in these spaces, and you will need to wear one when you get to your overseas destination.”
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have responded to the strong demand for Spring and Easter holidays, by adding more flights and holidays to six popular destinations across Mainland Spain, the Canaries, the Balearics and Portugal (Faro).
The leading leisure airline and UK’s leading tour operator to many destinations across the Mediterranean and Canary Islands have added over 80 new flights to Alicante, Malaga, Tenerife, Lanzarote, Majorca and Faro (Algarve) representing over 15,000 additional seats on sale for Spring and Easter.
The extra capacity has been added from Belfast International, Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, Manchester, Newcastle and London Stansted Airports. This expansion follows recent capacity increases to Tenerife between February and May, as well as more flights and holidays going on sale to Majorca, Ibiza, Santorini and Sardinia for Summer 22.
With the UK and overseas governments loosening travel restrictions and removing testing requirements in recent weeks, international travel is starting to look like it did before the pandemic. This has led to a surge in customer demand, with late getaways, winter breaks and Summer 22 all proving to be popular options.
- Malaga – additional Friday services operating from 8th April
- Tenerife – additional Sunday services operating from 3rd April
- Majorca – additional Sunday services operating from 10th April
- Tenerife – additional Wednesday services operating from 6th April
- Malaga – additional Thursday services operating from 7th April
- Alicante – additional Wednesday services operating from 6th April
- Lanzarote – additional Wednesday services operating from 16th March
- Tenerife – additional Tuesday services operating from 8th March
- Malaga – additional Tuesday services operating from 8th March
- Alicante – additional Wednesday and Friday services operating from 9th March
- Tenerife – additional Wednesday and Friday services operating from 4th March
- Alicante – additional Monday services operating from 4th April
- Malaga – additional Tuesday and Wednesday services operating from 15th March
- Alicante – additional Wednesday services operating from 16th March
- Faro (Algarve) – additional Tuesday operating from 5th April
- Alicante – additional Tuesday and Thursday services operating from 17th March
- Malaga – additional Wednesday services operating from 6th April
- Tenerife – additional Thursday services operating from 31st March
Top Copyright Photo: Jet2-Jet2.com Boeing 737-86Q WL G-GDFY (msn 30278) (Great flight times) PMI (Ton Jochems). Image: 956954.
Jet2.com aircraft slide show:
Jet2.com aircraft photo gallery: