American Airlines made this announcement:
The world’s largest airline took another step toward unprecedented growth at its most profitable hub today (May 3). American Airlines opened 15 new gates in the Terminal E satellite at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), supporting more than 100 daily regional flights for American Eagle service.
The completely renovated space includes refreshed ticket counters and gate areas as well as new ramp lighting, moving walkways, elevators and escalators. Later this summer, American will also open a new Admirals Club in Terminal E, and the satellite terminal will be home to DFW’s only Whataburger.
American has been steadily adding DFW service this summer, and beginning in early June, the airline will operate more than 900 daily flights from the hub. That’s 100 more than last summer, including service to 23 new markets. They include: Dublin (DUB); Munich (MUC); Kalispell, Montana (FCA); Harlingen, Texas (HRL); Monterey, California (MRY); and Augusta, Georgia (AGS). Eighty-four existing markets will receive additional service from DFW, including Boston (BOS), Los Angeles (LAX) and New York (LGA). In total, customers have access to 234 nonstop destinations from DFW and the resulting American network can enable over 9,000 one-stop connections through DFW — more than any other airline hub in the world.
“American is the largest airline in the world and the largest carrier at DFW,” said Vasu Raja, Vice President of Network and Schedule Planning for American. “By adding 100 flights to our most profitable hub, we have the opportunity to connect more people to more destinations than ever before. By adding service to new destinations and increasing service to some of our customers’ favorite spots, we’re building a connecting network that can get them anywhere.”
Upcoming milestones include the opening of a Flagship Lounge featuring Flagship First Dining and a renovated Admirals Club in Terminal D, scheduled for May 16, as well as the opening of six mainline gates at DFW Terminal B in June.
Leaders from American, Envoy and DFW Airport celebrate the opening of the Terminal E satellite.
Customers will enjoy refreshed ticket counters and gate areas, new moving walkways, elevators and escalators.
Terminal E Satellite
- Beginning May 3, select American Eagle flights will depart from DFW Terminal E satellite gates E22-E30.
- Skylink connects all terminals at DFW including A, B, C, D and E.
- Gates E22-E30 are accessible via 5-10 minute walk through the tunnel next to gate E21.
- Minimum connection times connecting to flights scheduled in E22-E30 have been increased by 10 minutes.
- There is no change to Terminal E ticket counters or parking.
By the Numbers
- 15: New gates and 100 flights to be operated at DFW Terminal E satellite
- 6: New mainline gates opening at DFW Terminal B in June
- 900+: Daily American Airlines flights from DFW during the peak summer schedule
- 104,000: Customers American will serve at DFW every day this summer
- 234: Non-stop American Airlines destinations from DFW, including 23 new destinations
- 9,000+: One-stop American Airlines city pairs available to connect through DFW this summer, more than any other airline hub in the world
What Does It Take to Build the Largest Connecting Hub in the World?
- 1,500: Pounds of reflective beads and 240 gallons of paint to stripe the ramp supporting the new gates at Terminal E satellite
- 2,500: Different types of aircraft parts and tooling moved to DFW Terminal E satellite
- 868: Signs and maps changed out at DFW to reflect new Terminal E satellite gates
- 380: New pieces of ground support equipment to support our growing operation