On November 29, 2017, Air France-KLM and Jet Airways signed a landmark ‘Enhanced Cooperation Agreement’ for the development of their operations between Europe and India.
A first in the history of Indian aviation, this agreement strengthens the partnership built between the three airlines since 2014. This cooperation was expanded in 2016 with an extensive code-share agreement for connections between Europe and North America and Jet Airways’ hubs at Mumbai and Delhi in India via Air France-KLM’ hubs at Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Amsterdam-Schiphol.
The enhanced cooperation agreement will see Jet Airways, Air France, and KLM working together to develop their commercial and product offering. Customers will thus benefit from multiple travel options and seamless service throughout the three partners’ networks spanning 44 cities in India and 106 destinations across Europe.
This agreement will strengthen the enhanced offer for customers travelling between India, Europe and North America in the following ways –
- Offer an extended network and increased capacity between Paris, Amsterdam and India. The recent launches of Amsterdam-Mumbai by KLM and Bengaluru-Amsterdam and Chennai-Paris by Jet Airways are the first examples of this ambition.
- Improve connecting opportunities through adapted flight times via Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Amsterdam-Schiphol as well as Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru and Chennai.
- Offer guests, a seamless travel experience between the networks of Jet Airways, Air France and KLM.
- Benefits of the Flying Blue and JetPrivilege loyalty programmes on the three airlines’ networks worldwide.
- Coordination of sales and services to provide the best possible offer for customers.
This agreement will complement the Air France-KLM and Delta Air Lines’ transatlantic partnership between Europe and North America, offering access to over 200 destinations in North America, establishing a global cooperation connecting the three continents.
In addition to the airlines’ enhanced cooperation agreement, Air France KLM Cargo and Jet Airways Cargo have also signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) which aims to strengthen their cooperation in the cargo sector.
Air France, KLM and Jet Airways combine their networks between Europe and India
For the 2017-18 winter season, Air France, KLM and Jet Airways operate 64 weekly flights between the Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Amsterdam-Schiphol hubs and 4 destinations in India – Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Chennai.
From Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Air France and Jet Airways operate 33 weekly frequencies to Bengaluru, Delhi and Mumbai and Chennai.
From Amsterdam-Schiphol, Jet Airways and KLM operate 31 weekly frequencies to Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Copyright Photo: Jet Airways (Etihad Airways) Boeing 777-35R ER A6-JAD (msn 35158) BKK (Michael B. Ing). Image: 937748.