Delta Air Lines (Atlanta) reported financial results for the December quarter and full year 2009. Key points include:
- Delta’s net loss excluding special items for the December 2009 quarter was $225 million. This result is $285 million better than the prior year quarter on a combined basis excluding special items.
- Delta’s net loss was $25 million for theDecember 2009 quarter.
- Delta’s net loss for 2009 was $1.2 billion, including $169 million in special items. Excluding special items and $1.4 billion of fuel hedge losses, Delta’s net profit for 2009 was $291 million.
- Delta ended 2009 with $5.4 billion in unrestricted liquidity, a $400 million increase year over year.
- Delta continued its successful integration of Northwest Airlines and received approval from the Federal Aviation Administration for a single operating certificate at year end.
Full press release: