WestJet management commented on its plans for Swoop during its first quarter earnings call:
- WestJet has fully crewed the launch aircraft.
- Swoop will start operations on June 20, 2018
- The first aircraft, a Boeing 737-800, is being painted and will have 189 seats.
- Swoop will take delivery of two aircraft in June, a third in July. The fleet will grow to six aircraft by the fourth quarter 2018 and the full fleet of 10 aircraft by the the third quarter of 2019.
- Swoop aircraft are being transferred from WestJet as “excess capacity” that would otherwise be returned to their respective lessors.
Information via Seeking Alpha.