Swoop, Canada’s ultra-low-fare airline and subsidiary of WestJet Airlines Ltd., released its 2020 summer schedule, announcing increased service and three new destinations.
Starting in April 2020, Swoop’s newest routes will take travellers to two new domestic destinations including Victoria, Kamloops, and one U.S. destination, San Diego.
With summer being a busy travel season for Canadians, Swoop is also increasing its weekly frequency service between many markets including Hamilton to Winnipeg, Edmonton to Abbotsford, and Abbotsford to Winnipeg.
Highlights of Swoop’s 2020 summer schedule includes service between:
- Edmonton-Kamloops up to four times weekly
- Winnipeg-London up to four times weekly
- Winnipeg-Victoria up to five times weekly
- Edmonton-San Diego up to three times weekly
- Edmonton-Abbotsford from 16 times weekly, to 24 times weekly
- Hamilton-Winnipeg, from six times weekly, to 10 times weekly
- Abbotsford to Winnipeg, from four times weekly, to daily
Since its June 2018 launch, Swoop’s summer network has grown to serve 14 domestic, 10 transborder and four international markets, rapidly expanding the airline’s network across North America. Fulfilling a need in the Canadian marketplace, Swoop continues to make a positive impact on the aviation industry, becoming Canada’s leading domestic, transborder and international ultra-low-cost carrier, with the new schedule set to increase Swoop’s frequency to 328 ultra-low fare weekly flights.
Photo by the airline.
In other news, Swoop Gateway Airport (AZA) from Winnipeg Richardson International Airport (YWG) on Sunday, December 15 at 5:05 p.m. CST.