British Airways has made this announcement:
British Airways is to start a new route between Gatwick and Montego Bay in Jamaica from October 13, 2020.
Demonstrating its commitment to the Caribbean, the airline has also now resumed flying to Antigua (from August 1), Barbados (from July 18), Kingston (also Jamaica, from July 20) and St Lucia (from July 25), albeit with reduced frequencies.
Flights to Montego Bay, which will be operated by a three-cabin (World Traveller, World Traveller Plus and Club World) Boeing 777, will depart on Tuesdays and Saturdays and are now on sale on ba.com, with prices starting from as low as £427 return.
Safety is at the heart of British Airways’ business and the airline has introduced a range of measures to keep its customers safe and is asking customers to abide by the new measures to help manage the wellness of everyone travelling.
- checking-in online, downloading their boarding pass and where possible self-scanning their boarding passes at the departure gate
- observing social distancing and using hand sanitisers that are placed throughout airports
- wearing a facemask at all times and bringing enough to replace them every four hours for longer flights
- asking customers not to travel if they think they have any symptoms of Covid-19
- cabin crew wearing PPE and a new food service, which reduces the number of interactions required with customers
- Asking customers to ensure they have everything they need from their hand luggage before departure, and where possible, storing their carry-on bag under the seat in front of them
The airline is cleaning all key surfaces including seats, screens, seat buckles and tray tables after every flight and each aircraft is completely cleaned from nose to tail every day. The air on all British Airways flights is fully recycled once every two to three minutes through HEPA filters, which remove microscopic bacteria and virus clusters with over 99.9% efficiency, equivalent to hospital operating theatre standards.
British Airways aircraft photo gallery:
British Airways aircraft slide show: