Taos Air will restart its jet service offering nonstop flights to and from Austin–Bergstrom International, Dallas Love Field, Hawthorne Municipal Airport in Los Angeles, and McClellan-Palomar Airport in Carlsbad.
Service resumes July 1, 2021.
In addition to complimentary shuttle ground shuttle service between the airport and Taos Ski Valley’s award-winning hotel, The Blake at Taos Ski Valley, Taos Air travelers will have abundant activities once they arrive in the ski valley, including:
- The new Via Ferrata, situated at 11,500 feet in the sub-alpine ecosystem of Kachina Peak, features beginner through advanced climbing route challenges, a 100-foot skybridge, and a double-cable catwalk. Novice climbers can experience the thrill of cabled mountain travel under the supervision of a guide, and progress to vertical terrain with spectacular views of the Rio Hondo and Wheeler Peak Wilderness.
- The Green Chile Flow Trail is a lift-service mountain bike trail. From the top of Lift 4 all the way to the bottom of the Kachina Basin, the Green Chile flow track is 3.5 miles of buttery banked turns, amazing scenery, and fun for the whole family.
- The new Blue Corn Trail will further expand the resort’s intermediate mountain bike experience and will gradually expand throughout the summer and fall as the build-out is completed.
- The newly renovated Williams Lake Trail is a wooded 3.7-mile intermediate trail culminating at a picturesque lake bordered by stunning mountain vistas or at the summit of Wheeler Peak, the highest mountain in New Mexico.
- Scenic chair-lift rides allow riders to breathe in the cool, clear mountain air while enjoying spectacular alpine scenery of the Kachina Basin.
Summer service will consist of twice weekly service from each city to Taos between July 1 through September 27. Taos Air will also offer service for the winter 2021-22 ski season; the booking window will open up later this summer.
Top Copyright Photo: Taos Air (Ultimate JetCharters) Fairchild Dornier 328-300 (328JET) N419FJ (N192T) (msn 3173) HHR (Michael B. Ing). Image: 948971.