Starting June 1, United Airlines customers on most flights over two hours will be able to purchase beer, wine and White Claw® Hard Seltzer, making United the first major airline to offer the hard seltzer onboard its aircraft. On June 15, United will introduce a revamped menu of for-purchase snacks and brand-new premium cabin meal options on most flights over 1,500 miles and hub-to-hub flights over 800 miles or more than two hours. Customers will be able to purchase these offerings from the Buy-On-Board menu using United’s new mobile wallet technology.
New Adult Beverage Menu
United’s revamped adult beverage menu features a number of options sourced locally from United’s hubs, along with customer favorites from iconic brands. The new menu includes:
- White Claw® Mango
- Breckenridge Brewery Juice Drop Hazy IPA
- Kona Brewing Co. Big Wave Golden Ale
- Michelob ULTRA®
- Stella Artois®
- Red, white and sparkling wine options
New Snack Boxes
United’s new snack boxes offer three distinct experiences for travelers of all ages and tastes:
- Tapas Box: Hummus, bruschetta, breadstick crackers, flatbread crackers, sea salt almonds, olives, dark chocolate sea salt caramel
- Takeoff Box: Salami, apricots, gouda cheese spread, white cheddar cheese spread, multigrain crackers, cream crackers, smoked almonds, Toblerone®
- Recline Box: Pirate’s Booty® white cheddar puffs, honey mustard pretzels, gummi bears, OREO® cookies
New A la Carte Options
In addition to the popular Pringles® Classic potato chips, United is adding three new a la carte snacks to its menu to give customers a larger variety of options, including high-protein and gluten-free options. The revamped menu includes:
- Trü Frü Banana Bites: hyper-dried bananas covered in dark chocolate
- Food Should Taste Good™ Chips & Salsa Box: gluten-free, sweet potato “tortilla” chips with roasted pepper salsa
- GourmetNut Mega Omega Trail Mix: snack mix with walnuts, dried mango, almonds, cranberries, pumpkin seeds
How Contactless Payment Works:
To purchase select drinks and snack items onboard a flight, United’s contactless payment system allows customers to store their payment information in a digital wallet on the United app and on United.com prior to departure.
- Once in flight, customers can access a menu to view available items either on the United app and in Hemispheres.
- Rather than handing the flight attendant a credit card, the flight attendant will ask for the customer’s name and seat to confirm the card on file.
- Once confirmed, customers will receive their products and the card on file will be charged accordingly.
New Domestic Premium Cabin Menu Items
United is also introducing brand-new meal offerings to customers seated in domestic premium cabins on flights over 1,500 miles and hub-to-hub flights over 800 miles. The enhanced meal service includes a choice of entrees – including fresher options like egg scramble with plant-based chorizo and grilled chicken breast with orzo and lemon basil pesto – sides and dessert. United has also partnered with Eli’s Cheesecake to create a uniquely United chocolate pie flavor called “Pie in the Sky.” The meals will be served on one tray, with items individually wrapped, to limit person-to-person contact and further the safety of our employees and customers.