Photo: Boeing. Representatives of Boeing and United Airlines sign a training solutions agreement supporting United Aviate Academy at EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin on July 26, 2021. Pictured left to right: Curt Brunjes, managing director, Aviate and Pilot Strategy, United Airlines; Bryan Quigley, senior vice president, Flight Operations, United Airlines; Brendan Curran, vice president, Commercial Services, Boeing; Chris Broom, vice president, Training Solutions, Boeing. (Boeing photo)
United Aviate Academy has selected Boeing to provide a comprehensive suite of training tools, materials and digital solutions to develop and provide early career training to United Airlines’ next generation of pilots. The companies commemorated the five-year training agreement with a ceremonial signing event at EAA AirVenture.
The comprehensive training package of courseware and multimedia materials spans Boeing’s portfolio of service offerings, including its Jeppesen and ForeFlight solutions, and provides United Aviate Academy with the tools to help cadets master key concepts and information needed to confidently and safely pilot aircraft.
The agreement includes:
- Initial cadet assessment materials with accompanying online courses and e-books, supporting higher program completion rates through analytics of data-driven assessments
- Jeppesen Academy courseware, textbooks and digital learning materials for private, instrument, commercial, multiengine and instructor training
- The ForeFlight Mobile integrated flight app for pilots equipped with Jeppesen NavData®, electronic charts and Airway Manuals, a one-stop shop for flight tasks like routing flights, planning and filing flight plans, managing electronic charts and maps, and gathering destination and weather information
- Pilot supplies including Bose headsets, computers, student flight bags, logbooks and more
- GPS NavData for the United Aviate Academy fleet