Singapore Airlines has made this announcement:
The Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) between Singapore and Germany has officially launched today! Designated VTL flights from Germany to Singapore will commence on September 7, 2021.
With the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL), you can now enjoy quarantine-free travel between Singapore and Germany if you meet all VTL requirements.
Flying from Germany to Singapore via the VTL
Before booking a Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) flight from Germany to Singapore, please ensure that you meet all VTL eligibility criteria and required health measures. These include:
- Being fully vaccinated against Covid-19 with the Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty, Moderna or other World Health Organisation Emergency Use Listing vaccines.
- Being fully vaccinated in either Germany or Singapore, with the final dose completed at least 14 days prior to arrival in Singapore.
- Having stayed in Germany and/or Singapore for at least 21 consecutive days before departure.
- Taking a pre-departure Covid-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test within 48 hours before flight departure, an on-arrival PCR test at Singapore Changi Airport, as well as up to two post-arrival PCR tests in Singapore.
- Flying only on dedicated VTL flights.
Short-term visitors and Long-Term Pass holders are required to apply for a Vaccination Travel Pass (VTP) issued between 7 and 30 days prior to their intended date of entry into Singapore. Applications for the Vaccination Travel Passes open from 1 September 2021.
Singapore citizens and permanent residents are not required to apply for the Vaccinated Travel Pass, but must show their vaccination status on the HealthHub app or present proof of their vaccination taken in their country of departure at check-in.
Short-term visitors who require a visa for travel to Singapore must separately obtain a visa. They are advised to do so after receiving their VTP approval and before departure.
They must also purchase travel insurance, with a minimum coverage of S$30,000 for Covid-19-related medical treatment and hospitalization costs, prior to travel to Singapore.
These visitors must also use the TraceTogether app in Singapore to facilitate contact tracing.
You must have the intention to enter Singapore, as transit passengers are not eligible for the VTL flights and will not be allowed to board the designated VTL flights. Non-VTL travelers are also not allowed to board the designated VTL flights.
To view the full VTL requirements and health measures, please click here.