United Airlines made this announcement:
In response to feedback from its business customers and an uptick in demand, United Airlines is expanding its schedule to make it easier for CES 2022 attendees to join the in-person show in Las Vegas.
The airline is adding 14 new direct flights in early January between Las Vegas and San Jose, Calif., Boston, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood, and Orlando, and is also adding 30 flights from its hub airports in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Newark, and Washington D.C./Dulles. This represents a capacity increase of 37% compared to its usual January schedule to Las Vegas.
Between Oct. 27 and Nov. 9, searches on United.com for flights to Las Vegas during CES 2022 were up 70% compared to the prior two-week period. And according to a recent survey of United’s business customers, nearly 20% say they expect travel to meetings and conferences will exceed pre-pandemic levels in 2022.
United will fly 81 flights into Las Vegas during the peak arrival days of January 3-4, and 109 flights on the peak departure days of January 8-10. New flights include:
- 8 direct flights from San Jose, Calif.
- 6 direct flights from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood, Boston and Orlando
- 15 additional flights from San Francisco, and 9 flights on a larger aircraft
- 8 additional flights from Los Angeles, and 4 flights on a larger aircraft
- 5 additional flights from Washington D.C./Dulles
- 2 additional flights from Newark