Dubai Airports has issued a passenger advisory alerting travelers about Dubai International (DXB) getting exceptionally busy over the coming days and weeks. According to the operator, as many as 1.8 million passengers are expected to pass through DXB between November 25 and December 5 with average daily traffic reaching 164,000 passengers. December 4 is expected to be the busiest day during this period with passenger numbers likely to surpass the 190,000 mark.
Considering that travel requirements have changed globally due to the pandemic, Dubai Airports strongly urges all customers to:
- Be aware of the latest travel regulations for the destination you are travelling to. We urge passengers to get in touch with their respective airlines and ensure that they have all the necessary documents with the required validity before reaching the airport.
- Plan some extra time to get to and through the airport as the roads to DXB could get busy during peak times.
- Arrive at the airport no earlier than 3 hours before your departure if you are flying out of Terminal 1. Those departing from Terminal 3 can beat the queues by check-in up to 24 hours ahead of their departure.
- Use online and self-service options wherever available to get off to a smooth start to your journey.
- Say your goodbyes at home as only ticketed passengers will be allowed to enter the departure zone during peak hours throughout this busy period.