AerCap Holdings N.V. has announced its major business transactions during the full year and fourth quarter 2021:
- Completed the GECAS transaction on November 1, 2021, making AerCap the worldwide industry leader across all areas of aviation leasing: aircraft, engines and helicopters.
- In December 2021, AerCap received an MSCI ESG Rating of “A,” an improvement from our previous ESG rating of “BBB.”
Full Year 2021 Transactions
- Raised long-term funding of approximately $30.5 billion, including $24 billion in the fourth quarter to finance the GECAS acquisition.
- Signed 311 lease agreements.
- Completed 65 purchases.
- Executed 62 sale transactions.
Fourth Quarter 2021 Transactions
- Signed 158 lease agreements, including 19 widebody aircraft and 92 narrowbody aircraft, 27 engines and 20 helicopters.
- Completed 42 purchases for 29 aircraft (including 16 Airbus A320neo Family aircraft, 1 Airbus A220 aircraft and 5 Boeing 737 MAX aircraft for AerCap’s owned aircraft portfolio and 7 aircraft for AerCap’s managed aircraft portfolio), 5 engines and 8 helicopters.
- Executed 30 sale transactions for 23 aircraft (including 5 Airbus A320 Family aircraft, 2 Airbus A320neo Family aircraft, 5 Boeing 737NGs, 4 Boeing 757s, 2 Boeing 737 MAX aircraft and 1 Boeing 767-300ER from AerCap’s owned aircraft portfolio and 4 aircraft from AerCap’s managed aircraft portfolio), 4 engines and 3 helicopters.
The full year and fourth quarter numbers include transactions of the combined company for the period after closing of the GECAS acquisition on November 1, 2021. Transactions prior to closing are only included for AerCap on a stand-alone basis.