Beginning April 14, 2013, Southwest Airlines nonstop service will be offered between:
- Charlotte and Baltimore/Washington, Chicago (Midway), Houston (Hobby), and Orlando
- Flint and Baltimore/Washington, Orlando, and Tampa Bay
- Portland, Maine and Baltimore/Washington
- Rochester and Baltimore/Washington, Chicago (Midway), Orlando, and Tampa Bay
AirTran service in these cities will end the previous day, April 13, 2013.
In addition to seasonal and other itinerary changes across the 97 destinations served by both carriers, AirTran’s international footprint grows with the new schedule to include new, daily service beginning April 14, 2013, between Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic and Baltimore/Washington, subject to applicable governmental approval.
Additional New Service on Southwest Airlines beginning April 14, 2013:
- One daily nonstop flight between Boston Logan and Kansas City
- One daily nonstop flight between Houston (Hobby) and Pittsburgh
Copyright Photo: Bruce Drum. Boeing 737-7H4 N459WN (msn 32497) of Southwest Airlines taxies to the active runway at Seattle/Tacoma International Airport (SEA).