Spirit Airlines (Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood) has announced that starting April 25, 2013, it is adding daily nonstop seasonal service from Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) and Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) to Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR).
Spirit currently offers year-round daily nonstop service to Myrtle Beach from Atlantic City, Boston, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood and New York LaGuardia, and also recently announced it has moved up the start dates for its 2013 seasonal service to/from Myrtle Beach – and just in time for the Valentine’s and President’s Day Weekend – including:
- Daily nonstop service between Myrtle Beach and Chicago O’Hare starting February 14, 2013.
- Daily nonstop service between Myrtle Beach and Detroit starting February 14, 2013.
- Three weekly nonstop flights between Myrtle Beach and the Latrobe/Pittsburgh area starting February 14, 2013, with service increasing to daily on April 25, 2013.
- Two weekly nonstop flights between Myrtle Beach and the Niagara Falls, New York/Toronto area starting February 15, 2013, with service increasing to four weekly flights on April 25, 2013.
- Two weekly nonstop flights between Myrtle Beach and Charleston, West Virginia starting March 2, 2013.
In addition, effective April 25, 2013, Spirit resumes seasonal service to/from Myrtle Beach and the Plattsburgh, New York/Montreal Area and Dallas/Fort Worth, both with three flights per week.
Copyright Photo: Bruce Drum. Airbus A319-132 N503NK (msn 2470) taxies to runway 9L at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.