WestJet Airlines (Calgary) has announced an additional 55 weekly nonstop flights this winter from Toronto Pearson International Airport to key domestic business destinations as well as popular sun spots in the U.S., Mexico and the Caribbean. The service is part of the airline’s seasonal schedule for the winter of 2017-18.
Details of WestJet’s increased service from Toronto:
- Toronto–Montreal, from 83 to 91 times weekly (14 times each business day).
- Toronto–Ottawa, from 77 to 85 times weekly (13 times each business day).
- Toronto–Vancouver, from 45 to 52 times weekly (eight times each business day).
- Toronto–Calgary, from 56 to 68 times weekly, more than any other carrier (10 times each business day).
- Toronto–Winnipeg, from 31 to 38 times weekly (six times each business day).
- Toronto–Kelowna, from five to seven times weekly.
- Toronto–Orlando, from 12 to 15 times weekly.
- Toronto–Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood, from 11 to 14 times weekly.
- Toronto–Cancun, from 11 to 15 times weekly.
- Toronto–Montego Bay, from 13 to 14 times weekly.
- Toronto–Nassau, from seven to nine times weekly.
- Toronto–Liberia, from four to five times weekly.
- Toronto–Antigua, from two to three times weekly.
- Toronto–Punta Cana, from six to seven times weekly.
- Toronto-Puerto Plata, from five to six times weekly.
WestJet also announced the addition of dozens of new flights across Canada. The additional flights deliver optimized service for both the business and leisure traveller and give Canadians greater connectivity into and out of WestJet hubs in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto, providing more flight frequency between key routes, better scheduling and greater access from smaller airports into the wider WestJet network.
Highlights of WestJet’s 2017-18 winter schedule include:
- New nonstop weekly service from Calgary to Belize City, Belize.
- New nonstop weekly service from Edmonton and Vancouver to Huatulco.
- Service from both Regina and Abbotsford to Puerto Vallarta will increase by one weekly flight for a total of twice weekly.
- Additional flights from Edmonton to a number of domestic and international destinations including Cancun, Abbotsford and Victoria.
- Additional flights from Calgary to a number of sun destinations including Cancun, Cabo San Lucas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Palm Springs and Puerto Vallarta.
- Additional flights from Calgary to a number of domestic destinations including Kitchener, Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie, Kelowna and Brandon.
- Additional flights from Vancouver to a number of domestic and international destinations including Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, Fort St. John, Calgary, Edmonton and Fort McMurray.
- Extension of existing summer service increases through the winter including three daily flights between Toronto and Moncton, six daily flights between Edmonton and Kelowna and 12 weekly flights between Calgaryand Houston.
This winter WestJet will operate an average of 700 daily flights to 93 destinations including 37 in Canada, 22 in the United States, 33 in Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America and one in Europe.
Copyright Photo: WestJet Airlines Boeing 737-8CT SSWL C-GWSZ (msn 37092) (Walt Disney World – Magic Plane) YVR (Steve Bailey). Image: 936503.