Delta Air Lines and Virgin Atlantic launch their joint summer 2018 schedule this weekend – offering more nonstop flights than ever before from the U.S. to four airports in the U.K..
The leading trans-Atlantic partnership will offer more than 5 million seats between the U.S. and U.K. this summer, making it even easier to spend the holidays in London, Edinburgh, Glasgow or Belfast.
More choice to London
- Delta will resume the only nonstop services from Portland, Oregon, and Salt Lake City to London-Heathrow. Flights from Salt Lake City launch on April 1 with services to Portland, OR taking off on May 3.
- Virgin Atlantic, meanwhile, is adding a sixth daily service from New York-JFK to London Heathrow, while Delta is introducing the larger A330 onto its two daily services. Together, the partnership will be increasing capacity between the two hubs by 6 percent.
- Delta has also scheduled A330s on services to London from Atlanta and Detroit, adding capacity on these two hub-to-hub routes also.
Above Copyright Photo: Delta Air Lines Airbus A330-323 N813NW (msn 799) NRT (Michael B. Ing). Image: 902202.
Increased nonstop flights to Scotland and Northern Ireland
- Delta and Virgin Atlantic will be kicking off their biggest ever season to Scotland this summer – offering up to 17 flights a week from New York-JFK and Orlando.
- Delta will operate daily nonstop services from New York-JFK to both Glasgow and Edinburgh Airports.
- Virgin Atlantic is operating its longest season from Orlando to Belfast International – trebling the number of seats available.
Multiple connections to Manchester
- Virgin Atlantic is increasing capacity between New York and Manchester, and will introduce a Boeing 747-400 onto the service from May.
- Virgin Atlantic is also reintroducing its popular seasonal flights to Manchester from Las Vegas, San Francisco and Boston.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Delta aircraft slide show (Airbus):
Virgin Atlantic aircraft slide show:
Bottom Copyright Photo: Virgin Atlantic Airways Boeing 747-4Q8 G-VBIG (msn 26255) LHR (SPA). Image: 929824.