The WestJet Group of Companies has announced it will begin providing refunds to original form of payment for those guests with flights cancelled by WestJet and Swoop, from any time period, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Starting Monday, November 2, 2020, WestJet will systematically contact eligible guests, beginning with those with flights cancelled at the onset of the pandemic. The refund process is expected to take six to nine months to work through eligible requests. Further information is provided at the bottom of this release.
Effective Monday, November 2, 2020 guests eligible for a refund to original form of payment will be proactively contacted by WestJet, beginning with those flights cancelled by the airline at the start of the pandemic. WestJet expects there will be an administrative backlog and asks for guests to wait to be contacted as we work through requests as quickly as possible.
- Further information can be found on westjet.com/refund.
- Eligible guests will be contacted by WestJet beginning Monday, November 2, 2020.
- Eligible guests will be contacted in chronological order of cancellation, beginning with those flights cancelled in March 2020 at the outset of the pandemic.
- We ask guests to wait until they are contacted by WestJet in order to not overload the Contact Centre.
- WestJet Vacations guests will continue to follow the process already established.
All photos by the airline.