Delta Air Lines has made this announcement:
- New nonstop service from New York-JFK to Dubrovnik launches July 2
- Flight marks the first time Delta will operate nonstop service to Croatia
- U.S. travelers welcomed to visit with negative PCR test, vaccination or recent recovery certificate – and not subject to quarantine
Customers longing to venture across the pond this summer have another high-demand destination to rediscover – new four-times-weekly nonstop service to Croatia’s Dubrovnik Airport (DBV) from New York’s John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) beginning July 2.
Croatia welcomes all travelers who are fully vaccinated, have a negative PCR test or proof of recent COVID-19 recovery. The nation is among Europe’s most popular tourist getaways, offering rich history, stunning landscapes and plenty of outdoor excursions.
With Delta’s extensive connectivity, hiking Croatia’s national parks or exploring its beach resorts is only one stop away via JFK for travelers across 44 U.S. cities.
The JFK-DBV route marks the first time Delta has operated service directly to Croatia.
Flights to Croatia will operate on the 226-seat Boeing 767-300 featuring full-flat Delta One beds, Delta Comfort+ and Main Cabin service. Customers can sit back and relax with hundreds of hours of the latest television shows, films, music and more on personal seatback entertainment screens, stay connected with Wi-Fi for purchase and enjoy free mobile messaging.
More outdoor destinations when flying Delta
In addition to Croatia, Delta is welcoming back customers with more flights to other open-air destinations, including:
- New flights and returning service to Reykjavík, Iceland and Athens, Greece from multiple gateways across the U.S.
- Significantly expanding service to Alaska, with 23 daily flights to Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau, Ketchikan and Sitka
- More than 70 daily flights to Mountain West destinations like Bozeman, Mont., and Jackson Hole, Wyo., with easy access to national parks
- Ample connection opportunities to sunny beaches and more with almost 90 daily flights to 78 Latin America and Caribbean leisure markets, including weekly service to 39 unique destinations.
This summer, Delta will operate approximately 4,000 daily flights to more than 200 domestic and more than 50 international destinations.
Delta’s schedule to Croatia will operate as follows:
|JFK-DBV||184||7:30 p.m.||10:45 a.m.||Tue/Thu/Fri/Sat|
|DBV-JFK||185||1:00 p.m.||5:15 p.m.||Wed/Fri/Sat/Sun|
In other news, Delta is expanding its Delta Premium Select experience to more aircraft this spring, with plans to outfit its Boeing 767-300 aircraft beginning this May and Airbus A330 fleet beginning mid-July – just in time for customers considering their next trip abroad. Both fleet types will also receive additional upgrades like refreshed lavatories, new LED cabin lighting, expanded personal power outlets and memory-foam comfort cushions. Both aircraft will now have four cabin experiences to give customers more options whether booking for business or leisure: Delta One, Delta Premium Select, Delta Comfort+ and Main Cabin.
Delta Premium Select, an elevated Delta cabin experience available on select international routes, debuted in 2017 and features a wider seat, additional recline and an adjustable foot and leg rest on select widebody aircraft – offering customers more ways to cruise in comfort. Customers seated in Delta Premium Select also receive a TUMI amenity kit, noise-cancelling headsets and a blanket and pillow to help them arrive at their destination refreshed and relaxed.
Top Copyright Photo: Delta Air Lines Boeing 767-332 ER WL N197DN (msn 28454) LHR (Keith Burton). Image: 945676.
Delta aircraft slide show (Boeing):