British Airways made this announcement:
Following the announcement that Britons are likely to be able to get a summer holiday this year after all, British Airways has added new services to holiday destinations for June and July onwards, saying the new services are in response to overwhelming interest from its customers.
The 26 additional weekly frequencies will include destinations across Greece, the Canary Islands and Turkey to popular holiday hot spots including Corfu, Kos, Paphos, Rhodes, Lanzarote, Tenerife and Bodrum.
Photo: Rhodes, Greece. British Airways.
The newly established flights to Greece and the Canary Islands will be available to book from Tuesday, May 11, 2021 for travel between June 21, 2021 and September 5, 2021 over the peak summer period. Bodrum in Turkey will also be available to fly to from July 18, 2021.
British Airways is currently flying to 27 short-haul destinations, including 112 holiday hotspots for the peak of the summer period.
Additional Summer 2021 Frequencies added:
- Heathrow – Lanzarote (ACE) +1pw, frequency growth from 5pw to 6pw
- Heathrow – Bodrum (BJV) +2pw, frequency growth from 1pw to 3pw
- Heathrow – Corfu (CFU) +3pw, frequency growth from 14pw to 17pw
- Heathrow – Chania (CHQ) +3pw, frequency growth from 6pw to 9pw
- Heathrow – Kefalonia (EFL) +2pw, frequency growth from 3pw to 5pw
- Heathrow – Heraklion (HER) +1pw, frequency growth from 9pw to 10pw
- Heathrow – Kos (KGS) + 2pw, frequency growth from 4pw to 6pw
- Heathrow – Kalamata (KLX) +2pw, frequency growth from 3pw to 5pw
- Heathrow – Paphos (PFO) +1pw, frequency growth from 7pw to 8pw
- Heathrow – Preveza (PVK) +2pw, frequency growth from 4pw to 6pw
- Heathrow – Rhodes (RHO) +2pw, frequency growth from 5pw to 7pw
- Heathrow – Thessaloniki (SKG) +3pw, frequency growth from 9pw to 12pw
- Heathrow – Tenerife (TFS) + 2pw, frequency growth from 13pw to 15pw