Delta Air Lines has made this announcement:
- Airlines will implement new technology on select routes between U.S. and U.K., with broader availability coming this summer
- No third-party app downloads for an easy-to-use and guesswork-free experience
- Technology built on trusted health standards and designed to adapt to changing landscape as more markets reopen
Delta customers traveling between the U.S. and U.K. this summer will be among the first to use Delta FlyReadySM, a new digital health credential solution that will help take the guesswork out of meeting health requirements during international travel. The tool will initially help manage testing requirements, but Delta will integrate vaccination credentials into Delta FlyReady later this summer – great news for customers looking to travel to Delta FlyReady-eligible destinations that require proof of vaccination for entry.
Delta began testing the new solution in late April on flights between Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and London’s Heathrow Airport. Delta FlyReady assists customers in scheduling a COVID-19 test that meets destination requirements, automatically verifies their test results and confirms the traveler meets the necessary testing requirements in place at their destination. In partnership with Virgin Atlantic Airways, customers traveling on either Delta- or Virgin Atlantic-operated flights will be able to use the tool beginning this summer.*
Virgin Atlantic plans to begin testing the solution, adapted as Virgin Atlantic FlyReadySM, on Virgin Atlantic-operated flights between London Heathrow and U.S. cities starting in June. Those eligible to use the tool during the test will be contacted before travel with more information on how to participate.
As of June 17, 2021, the U.S. remained on the U.K.’s Amber List as part of its phased plans to reopen international travel into the country this summer. Airlines continue to encourage both governments to enable U.K. residents and citizens to enter the U.S., and to move the U.S. to the U.K.’s Green List, fully reopening the trans-Atlantic corridor. As these discussions continue, Delta and Virgin Atlantic are putting technology into action that will serve as a blueprint to reopen international travel broadly.
AN EASY-TO-USE EXPERIENCE TO VERIFY ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Delta FlyReady is a new technology solution built on trusted health standards to digitally verify testing documents** needed to travel on both Delta and Virgin Atlantic flights.
Here is an overview of how the experience works for eligible customers:
- Book your flight and check your email. Because the solution is integrated directly into Delta’s systems, there is no need for customers to download an additional app – eligible customers can access Delta FlyReady through a link found in their pre-flight email or My Trips before travel.
- Schedule your COVID-19 test up to three days before departure. In partnership with TrustAssure, Delta will serve up verified COVID-19 testing locations near you and offer the option to book a test in a couple of clicks.*** Once you have taken your test, you will receive an email from TrustAssure confirming your Delta FlyReady status or notifying you of additional actions needed.
- Already have results from another test provider? No problem. If you chose to get tested through another provider, use the “upload test results” option to verify a digital copy or photo of your results. Upload before arriving at the airport, verify and enjoy the same time-saving benefits of your Delta FlyReady status.
- Check-in as you normally would before travel. No need to stress – Delta has automatically linked your Delta FlyReady status to your itinerary, and you are ready to travel.****
Delta FlyReady offers benefits for Delta employees as well. Over time the solution will limit the amount of paperwork involved in verifying a customer’s Delta FlyReady status. Airport agents will be shown a digital indicator to prove the customer has met necessary requirements, lowering the risk of denied boarding.
All customer health data associated with Delta FlyReady is encrypted. Nothing is stored in Delta’s systems. Delta only receives a digital indicator showing that the customer has met the applicable legal requirements.