Alaska Airlines further expanded its global reach today with the announcement of a new codeshare agreement with Iberia Airlines, a fellow member of the oneworld alliance. The agreement further strengthens the existing partnership between the two airlines by providing flyers with exciting and convenient travel options.
The agreement allows passengers on Iberia to book travel and easily connect to more than 40 routes throughout Alaska’s network for travel on or after October 7, 2021. On the West Coast, Iberia has nonstop service between Los Angeles and its Madrid hub, and seasonal service between San Francisco and Barcelona – enabling seamless connectivity to the Alaska network beyond both California cities.
Alaska launched its partnership with Iberia on March 31, 2021, the same day Alaska formally became a member of the oneworld global alliance.
Iberia issued this statement:
- Following the integration of Alaska Airlines into the oneworld alliance in March this year, the airlines are further strengthening their collaboration by announcing a new codeshare.
- This agreement will strengthen the connectivity of Iberia and LEVEL in the United States and, more specifically, on routes with the west coast and will allow customers to offer more destinations
- Iberia operates three weekly frequencies between Madrid and Los Angeles and, from there, its customers will be able to continue to more than 20 routes in the United States operated by Alaska Airlines
- In the case of San Francisco, the agreement with Alaska Airlines includes more than 15 other codeshare routes, which will connect with flights from Barcelona operated by LEVEL and with Iberia’s Madrid-San Francisco route, as soon as the airline recovers it.
- All these flights are now available for sale and can be booked from today
- As a next step, Alaska Airlines will add its code to Iberia and LEVEL’s transatlantic flights to Los Angeles and San Francisco, maximizing its collaboration with both airlines.
- Among other advantages, this codeshare agreement will allow frequent customers of Iberia and Alaska Airlines to continue accumulating and redeeming points in their respective loyalty programs,and enjoy all the advantages and benefits of being part of oneworld.
Iberia, LEVEL and Alaska Airlines expand their global network by announcing today a new codeshare agreement that will strengthen connectivity between Spain and the west coast of the United States, specifically, with 37 new routes from Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Iberia operates three weekly flights to Los Angeles -with the Airbus A330/200with capacity for 288 passengers- and, thanks to this collaboration agreement, the spanish airline’s customers will be able to connect with more than 20 routes that Alaska Airlines offers in the United States:Anchorage, Boise, Bozeman, Eugene, Fresno, Kalispell, Spokane, Honolulu, Kona, Las Vegas, Lihue, Medford, Maui-Kahului, Everett-Paine Field, Portland, Redmond, Reno-Tahoe, Seattle-Tacoma, San Francisco, San Jose, Salt Lake City and Santa Rosa-Sonoma County.
In the case of San Francisco, the agreement with Alaska Airlines includes more than 15 other codeshare routes, which will connect with flights from Barcelona operated by LEVEL from March 2022, and also with the Madrid-San Francisco route, as soon as Iberia recovers it. Specifically, the 15 routes operated by Alaska from San Francisco are: Boise, Bozeman, Spokane, Honolulu, Jackson Hole, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Missoula, Maui-Kahului, Portland, Phoenix, Palm Springs, San Diego, Seattle-Tacoma, Salt Lake City and Santa Ana-Orange County.
All these codeshare flights are now available through Iberia’s usual sales channels. In addition, in the short term, Alaska Airlines will add its code to the transatlantic flights of both airlines, which will further expand the collaboration of the three in the Spain-West Coast market of the USA.