JetBlue Airways issued this statement:
As Thanksgiving approaches, gratefulness is always top-of-mind.
And looking back at the past nearly two years, and ahead toward the holiday season and beyond, I’m so thankful, both to our 21,000 JetBlue crewmembers, for coming together and leaning on each other as we navigated these unprecedented times, and to our customers, for trusting us to keep you safe.
With many holiday get-togethers planned and more international destinations open for travel, I am grateful for this opportunity for JetBlue to bring air travel back to humanity. Ramping back up has also not been without its growing pains—and we appreciate your continued patience and support as we take this journey together.
As we look to serve a record number of travelers this holiday season, we’re proud of the steps we’ve taken to meet the holiday rush, and deliver the JetBlue experience that you know and love, including:
- Increasing hiring across key teams, including Customer Support and Airports, and rallying broad crewmember compliance with all vaccine mandates and protocols.
- Expanding our flight schedule to pre-pandemic levels, while also providing customers with additional options and flexibility in the Northeast through our alliance with American Airlines.
- Continuing to trim down wait times at airports by streamlining lobby lines, introducing more signage and crewmembers to help customers find their way, and making our bag drop process as efficient as possible.
- Reducing average Customer Support hold times to under an hour. (And for the fastest way to reach a live crewmember, you can chat with us at jetblue.com/chat).
- Deploying in-person Customer Support crewmembers at select airports.
- Bringing back our full onboard selection of brand-name snacks and soft drinks.
As always, safety remains our #1 priority, and we encourage our customers to do their part to ensure a safe—and seamless—holiday travel experience for all, including:
- Keeping up to date on the COVID-19 testing and documentation requirements of your destination, as well as the safety protocols at the airport and on board, including masks for all travelers 2 years of age and older. These can change daily so be sure to check our COVID-19 info hub.
- Double-checking the fare you purchased and whether it includes a checked bag and/or a carry-on. Learn more here.
- Arriving early and allowing extra time for check-in, security and any destination-specific COVID-19 protocols. For international flights, we recommend arriving three hours in advance.
- Considering public transit options for travel to and from the airport to avoid holiday traffic.
For 21 years, we have made it our mission to bring people together, during the holiday season and all year round. What we have all been missing these last almost two years we are now only too happy to provide, and provide safely, sensibly and securely. For this Thursday and beyond, happy holidays, and welcome aboard.
President & Chief Operating Officer, JetBlue Airways