Southwest Airlines is wrapping up its milestone 50th Anniversary year by releasing a one-of-a-kind commemorative history book, “50 Years. One Heart. A History of Southwest in 50 Objects.” Starting today, Southwest® fans can purchase this unique coffee-table book, which brings to life the Company’s colorful history, its corporate archives, and reflection of its People through photographs and moments from the carrier’s rich past, exclusively sold at Southwest® The Store. This special book also represents the exciting culmination of 50 years’ worth of iconic stories as Southwest Airlines® closes out its first five decades.
Southwest is celebrating its incredible first 50 years by showcasing a stunning collection of 50 unique objects, outfits, and artifacts (photographed by Southwest Sr. Photographer Stephen M. Keller and Southwest Sr. Designer Brianna Juda), accompanied by short stories from the Company’s inspiring history and a special foreword by Kelly as he prepares to transition into his role as Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors in early 2022.
This is the first of two special books launching in celebration of Southwest’s 50th year of service—more information coming on the second book in early 2022.
About “50 Years. One Heart. A History of Southwest in 50 Objects”
- Hardcover coffee-table book
- 8.5 x 9.125 inches
- 220 pages
- $50 plus tax, exclusively sold through Southwest The Store (free shipping applied for Southwest The Store purchases of $50 or more)
- Showcases a visual collection of 50 unique objects, outfits, and artifacts accompanied by short stories from Southwest’s inspiring history
- Features a special foreword by current Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, Gary Kelly
- Great for Southwest fans and collectors
- The first of two books released in celebration of Southwest’s 50th year of service
- Place holiday gift orders no later than Monday, Dec. 13
Southwest Airlines historic liveries slide show: