Emirates will resume passenger operations between Dubai and five African countries starting from January 29, 2022, offering customers more choice, superior value and enhanced connectivity to and through Dubai.
The significant restoration of services will include Addis Ababa, Ethiopia; Dar El Salaam, Tanzania; Nairobi, Kenya; Harare, Zimbabwe; Emirates’ three South African gateways Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban.
Customers flying in and out of Emirates’ African gateways can safely connect to Dubai and to an array of onwards connections to Europe, Middle East, the Americas, West Asia and Australasia.
- South Africa: Flights between Dubai and South Africa will operate as a daily flight to and from Johannesburg, effective January 29 and double daily services from February 1. Flights to and from Cape Town and Durban will operate daily from February 1.
o Emirates flight EK 761 departs Dubai at 0440hrs, arriving in Johannesburg at 1055hrs. EK 762 departs Johannesburg at 1325hrs, arriving in Dubai at 2345hrs. The second daily flight, EK 763, departs Dubai at 1005hrs, arriving in Johannesburg at 1630hrs. The return flight, EK 764, leaves Johannesburg at 1850hrs, arriving in Dubai at 0505hrs the next day.
o EK 772 from Dubai to Cape Town departs at 0355hrs, arriving in Cape Town at 1145hrs. EK 771 leaves Cape Town at 1825hrs, arriving in Dubai at 0555hrs the next day. EK 775 departs Dubai at 1035hrs, arriving in Durban at 1705hrs, and EK 776 takes off from Durban at 1900hrs, arriving in Dubai at 0515hrs the next day.
- Kenya: Emirates will operate 10 weekly flights to Nairobi from January 29. EK 719 and 720 will operate on Sunday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, taking off from Dubai at 0935hrs and arriving in Nairobi at 1345hrs, in turn leaving Nairobi at 1530hrs, and landing in Dubai at 2130hrs. EK 721 and 722 will fly on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday with EK 721 taking off from Dubai at 0210hrs, arriving in Nairobi at 0620hrs. EK 722 will leave Nairobi at 2355hrs, arriving in Dubai at 0555hrs.
- Ethiopia: Emirates flights to Addis Ababa will operate daily from January 30, with EK 723 taking off from Dubai at 0925hrs, arriving in Addis Ababa at 1240hrs. EK 724 leaves Addis Ababa at 1505hrs, arriving in Dubai at 2015hrs.
- Tanzania: Emirates will operate to Dar Es Salaam with five flights a week from January 30. EK 725 will take off from Dubai at 0930hrs, arriving in Dar Es Salaam at 1355hrs. EK 726 will leave Dar Es Salaam at 1525hrs, landing in Dubai at 2150hrs.
- Zimbabwe: Emirates will operate to Harare with six weekly flights linked to its Lusaka service from January 30. EK 713 leaves Dubai at 0920 hrs, with a stop in Lusaka, and arrives in Harare at 1700hrs. EK 714 takes off from Harare at 1845hrs, stopping in Lusaka, and continuing on to Dubai to arrive at 0625hrs the next day.
All passengers traveling from Emirates’ African network with Dubai as their final destination require a 48 hour PCR test. Passengers must present a valid negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate with a QR code for a test conducted at an approved facility, and validity must be calculated from the time the sample was collected. Upon arrival in Dubai, passengers will undergo an additional Covid-19 PCR test and remain in self quarantine until the results of the test are received.