Air Canada (Montreal) is launching a new nonstop route between Toronto (Pearson) and Seoul (Incheon), starting service to Istanbul subject to government approval, adding seven weekly departures to Beijing from Toronto and Vancouver , and upgrading its Calgary-Tokyo Narita route to provide daily service.
Highlights of Air Canada’s 2013 summer schedule include:
- Nonstop service to Istanbul beginning June 4 . Subject to government approval, Air Canada will begin flying three-times weekly, year-round to the historic city which also serves as a gateway to other destinations in Turkey , Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa . Flights will be operated with a Boeing 767-300 ER aircraft. It will be the only early evening departure from Toronto to Istanbul .
- The launch on June 2 of a new Toronto-Seoul service operating three times a week, creating a fifth Asian destination from Air Canada’s Toronto hub. The year-round service, operated with a Boeing 777-300 ER aircraft, will complement existing Vancouver to Seoul service by providing daily departures from Canada to Seoul .
- An addition of three more weekly departures between Toronto and Beijing starting June 1 , bringing the total number of departures from Toronto to Beijing to ten a week. The flights will be operated with a Boeing 777-300 ER aircraft
- Four additional departures each week between Vancouver and Beijing starting June 1 , for a total of 11 weekly departures, including a new late night flight timed to be convenient for business travellers. The flights will be operated with a Boeing 767-300 ER aircraft.
- The upgrading of our Calgary-Tokyo Narita service starting May 1 to offer daily departures, up from five a week last summer. The flights are operated with a Boeing 767-300 ER.
Copyright Photo: Michael B. Ing. Boeing 777-333 ER C-FIVM (msn 35251) approaches Tokyo (Narita) for landing.