Ryanair (Dublin) today announced a new summer build-up in Scotland:
Ryanair, Europe’s only ultra-low cost airline, today (December 4) announced significant summer 2013 growth in Scotland, with 38 routes (6 new) at Edinburgh and 27 routes (2 new) at Glasgow Prestwick, which will deliver a combined total of over 3 million passengers and sustain over 3,000 “on site jobs” at both Edinburgh and Glasgow Prestwick airports.
- 38 routes (up 11%).
- 6 new routes to/from Bologna, Beziers, Cagliari, Corfu, Katowice & Santander
- Increased frequencies on 5 other routes
- From 232 to 246 weekly flights (up 5%).
- From 1.6m to 1.8m pax p.a (up 11%).
- 1,800 jobs at Edinburgh Airport.
- 27 routes (up 7%).
- 2 new routes to/from Rzeszow & Warsaw Modlin
- Increased frequencies on 4 other routes
- From 86 to 95 weekly flights (up 10%).
- From 1.2m to 1.4m pax p.a (up 6%).
- 1,400 jobs at Edinburgh Airport.
Copyright Photo: Guillaume Besnard. A dramatic close-up of Boeing 737-8AS EI-DAN (msn 33549) departing from Barcelona.