Alitalia (2nd) (Rome) and Etihad Airways (Abu Dhabi) have issued this statement:
Etihad Airways has completed its investment and acquires 49 percent equity stake in the new Alitalia. The new company (Alitalia 3rd) to be fully operational with effect from January 1, 2015:
Alitalia and Etihad Airways on December 23 announced the completion of all the formalities related to the transfer of air transport operations from Alitalia CAI to the new Alitalia SAI.
Etihad Airways has subscribed and paid for the capital increase of euro 387.5 million for the acquisition of a 49 percent share in Alitalia SAI. The remaining 51 per cent shareholding is held by Alitalia CAI through MidCo, which has contributed the agreed assets and liabilities for the continuation of the airline.
The transaction will become effective on December 31, 2014 and Alitalia SAI – Società Aerea Italiana will commence operations on January 1, 2015.
Copyright Photo: TMK Photography/AirlinersGallery.com. Former Air One Airbus A330-202 EI-DIP (msn 339) arrives in Toronto (Pearson).