American Airlines is strengthening its ties to Canada. Starting next summer, American is adding service from its hub at Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) to Calgary International Airport (YYC) and Vancouver International Airport (YVR). Daily service to Vancouver begins May 4, 2018, and seasonal service to Calgary begins June 7, 2018. The airline will also increase frequencies from the U.S. East Coast to Eastern Canada and extend seasonal service to popular Canadian destinations.
New routes to Western Canada in 2018:
New service dates
ORD–YVR: May 4, 2018
ORD–YYC: June 7, 2018–Sept. 4, 2018
Departs ORD at 8:35 p.m.
Arrives YVR at 11:14 p.m
Departs YVR at 11 p.m.
Arrives ORD at 5:14 a.m. (next day)
Departs ORD at 9:55 a.m.
Arrives YYC at 12:35 p.m.
Departs YYC at 1:20 p.m.
Arrives ORD at 5:40 p.m.
ORD–YVR: Boeing 737-800
ORD–YYC: Embraer E175, Operated by Envoy
Increased service to Western Canada in 2018:
- Edmonton: American has added an additional winter trip between Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) and Edmonton International Airport (YEG), increasing to two daily flights between Dec. 15, 2017 and April 2, 2018.
Increased service to Eastern Canada in 2018:
- Toronto: Beginning Feb. 15, 2018, American is adding an additional trip between New York LaGuardia (LGA) and Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) and starting May 4, 2018, American is adding an additional trip from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) to YYZ. LGA to YYZ is increasing from four to five trips (year-round) and upgauging two frequencies to a dual-cabin Embraer E175. DCA to YYZ is increasing from two to three trips (year-round).
- Customers flying from YYZ will have access to a new, contemporary premium experience in Terminal 3 with the recently re-opened and redesigned 2,500-square-foot Admirals Club® lounge.
- Ottawa: On May 4, 2018, American is adding an additional frequency between Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) and Ottawa International Airport (YOW). This route will now be operated three times daily, year-round.
- Quebec City: Service between PHL and Quebec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB) has been extended through Nov. 3, 2018.
With the addition of this new service, American will offer up to 69 daily flights from seven Canadian cities to U.S. hubs in Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix and Washington, D.C.
Top Copyright Photo: American Airlines Boeing 737-823 WL N830NN (msn 31091) BWI (Tony Storck). Image: 927377.