Delta Air Lines brought the pictured N674US back to its birthplace at Paine Field in Everett, WA from Detroit on Monday, December 18, 2017. The pictured Boeing 747-451 N674US operated a short flight to Seattle/Tacoma.
N674US nows carries this special “All Hail The Queen Farewell Tour” logo.
As previously reported, Delta announced the final flights for the iconic Boeing 747-400 this month:
Here are seven things to know about Delta’s big goodbye to the 747:
- Delta is operating the Boeing 747-400 on daily scheduled service between its Detroit hub and its partner hub at Seoul-Incheon.
- Here are the final regularly scheduled flights of the Delta 747:
- Final U.S. departure: Flight 159 at Detroit to Seoul-Incheon at 12:31 p.m.on December 15, 2017
- Final Asia Pacific arrival: Flight 159 at Seoul-Incheon from Detroit at 4:30 p.m. on December 16, 2017
- Final Asia Pacific departure: Flight 158 at Seoul-Incheon to Detroit at 11:15 a.m. on December 17, 2017
- Final U.S. arrival: Flight 158 at Detroit from Seoul-Incheon at 10:14 a.m.on December 17, 2017
- Delta will take the 747 on an employee farewell tour from Detroit to Seattle/Tacoma on December 18, 2017 Seattle/Tacoma to Atlanta on December 19, 2017 and Atlanta to Minneapolis-St. Paul on December 20, 2017.
- Customers can bid for a spot on these farewell flights via SkyMiles Experiences using their SkyMiles.
- Employees and retirees can purchase a seat on these flights on a first-come, first-serve basis beginning at noon ET November 20, 2017 at a discounted rate, with all proceeds going to the Airloom Project, the organization behind the 747 Experience exhibit at the Delta Flight Museum.
- The 747 will fly a handful of sports team and ad-hoc charter flights through December 31, 2017.
- Delta will fly its final Boeing 747 to its retirement place in Arizona in early January. This ferry flight will not be open to passengers.
Delta will be celebrating the iconic and revolutionary 747 throughout December in all of its channels and encourages customers, enthusiasts and employees to share their own tributes and remembrances using the #DL747Farewell hashtag.
Top Photo: Boeing.
Above Copyright Photo: N674US with Northwest. Northwest Airlines-NWA Boeing 747-451 N674US (msn 30269) SFO (Mark Durbin). Image: 903152.
Bottom Copyright Photo: Delta Air Lines Boeing 747-451 N674US (msn 30269) LAX (Michael B. Ing). Image: 907046.