WestJet on January 29, 2018 announced that it has again enhanced its schedule and connectivity out of its Calgary hub to key business and tourism destinations in Canada and the U.S., adding 72 more weekly flights. WestJet already offers more flights to more destinations from Calgary than any other airline, and these flight additions once again make YYC its largest hub.
Details of WestJet’s increased service from Calgary:
- Calgary-Vancouver, from 88 to 112 times weekly (16 times daily), with hourly service in both directions (top of the hour from Vancouver, and bottom of the hour from Calgary).
- Calgary-Nanaimo, from two to three times daily.
- Calgary-Edmonton, from 66 to 79 times weekly (12 times each business day).
- Calgary-Halifax, from 14 to 15 times weekly.
- Calgary-Kelowna, from 45 to 47 times weekly (seven times each business day).
- Calgary-Fort McMurray, 24 to 31 times weekly (five times each business day).
- Calgary-Windsor, from six to seven times weekly (one time daily)
- Calgary-Grande Prairie from 18 to 26 times weekly (4 times each business day)
- Calgary-Montreal, from 19 to 20 times weekly.
- Calgary-Abbotsford, from 33 to 35 times weekly (five times daily).
- Calgary-Penticton, from 10 to 14 times weekly (two times daily).
- Calgary-Victoria, from 35 to 36 times weekly (five times daily).
- Calgary-Dallas/Ft. Worth, from six weekly to seven weekly (one time daily).
- Calgary-Las Vegas, from 20 to 22 weekly.
- Calgary-Palm Springs, from four to five weekly.
WestJet will begin serving Denver International Airport daily from Calgary International Airport starting March 8 and will launch four-time weekly service between Calgary and Mexico City on March 14. Service becomes daily starting April 29.
This summer, WestJet will operate an average of 137 daily flights from Calgary International Airport or five departures an hour on average. In the past 10 years, WestJet has increased capacity out of YYC by 48 per cent and accounts for 53 per cent of the seat capacity out of the city.
In addition to the above increases in Calgary, highlights of WestJet’s 2018 summer schedule include:
- New nonstop daily service from Halifax to Paris and London (Gatwick).
- The addition of almost 200 flights to WestJet’s hubs including 60 to Vancouver, 72 to Calgary and 28 to Toronto.
- New nonstop four-time weekly service between Calgary and Whitehorse.
- Additional flights from Edmonton to a number of transborder and domestic destinations including Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Kelowna, Fort McMurray and Saskatoon.
- Additional flights from Toronto to a number of sun destinations including Cancun, Montego Bay, Nassau, Puerto Plata, Punta Cana and Fort Myers.
- Additional flights from Toronto to a number of Canadian destinations including Ottawa, Montreal, Saskatoon and Victoria.
- An increase of nine new weekly flights between Toronto and Ottawa for a total of 13 times daily.
- An increase of nine weekly flights between Toronto and Montreal for a total of 14 times daily.
This summer, WestJet will operate an average of 765 daily flights to 92 destinations including 43 in Canada, 22 in the United States, 23 in Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America, and four in Europe.
WestJet also announced that it has again enhanced its schedule and connectivity out of Edmonton International Airport (EIA) to key business and leisure destinations in Canada and the U.S., adding 23 weekly flights.
Details of WestJet’s increased service from Edmonton:
- Edmonton-Calgary, from 77 to 86 times weekly (12 times each business day).
- Edmonton-Vancouver, from 49 to 58 times weekly (nine times each business day).
- Edmonton-Kelowna, from 48 to 49 times weekly (seven times daily).
- Edmonton-Fort McMurray, from 24 to 25 times weekly.
- Edmonton-Saskatoon, from 19 to 20 times weekly.
- Edmonton-Las Vegas, from 10 to 11 times weekly.
- Edmonton-Los Angeles from six to seven times weekly (once daily).
This summer, WestJet will operate an average of 62 daily flights from Edmonton International Airport. In the past 10 years, WestJet has increased capacity out of EIA by 52 per cent and now accounts for 73 per cent of the capacity out of the city, measured in available seat miles.
Copyright Photo: WestJet Airlines Boeing 737-8CT SSWL C-GKWA (msn 39089) YVR (Steve Bailey). Image: 936502.
WestJet aircraft slide show: