WestJet, the airline offering more flights to more destinations from Calgary than any other, will offer guests a new route to escape the cold this winter when the airline starts twice-weekly, nonstop service between Calgary International Airport (YYC) and Sangster International Airport (MBJ) in Montego Bay, Jamaica. The service begins on November 3, 2018.
The new route is part of WestJet’s seasonal schedule for winter 2018/2019, which includes more flights from Calgary to domestic, transborder, international and sun destinations including Maui, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Orlando, Huatulco, Puerto Vallarta and Belize, among others.
|Calgary – Montego Bay||Twice weekly||9:30 a.m.||4:44 p.m.||Nov. 3, 2018*|
|Montego Bay – Calgary||Twice weekly||1:20 p.m.||7:20 p.m.||Nov. 3, 2018*|
|*Once weekly effective November 3, 2018 moving to twice weekly, January 6, 2019.|
WestJet will also increase service on the following routes from Calgary:
- Calgary-Nanaimo, from two times daily to three times daily or 21 weekly flights.
- Calgary-Kamloops, from two times daily to three times daily or 21 weekly flights.
- Calgary-Kelowna, from seven times daily to nine times daily each business day, or 59 weekly flights – more than any other carrier.
- Calgary-Fort St. John will double service from once daily to twice daily.
- Calgary-Grand Prairie, from four times daily to five times daily each business day.
- Calgary-Yellowknife will double service from once daily to twice daily.
- Calgary-Regina, from six daily flights to seven daily flights or 49 weekly.
- Calgary-Saskatoon, from six daily flights to eight daily flights each business day.
- Calgary-Maui, from four weekly flights to seven weekly flights.
- Calgary-Phoenix, from 20 to 21 times weekly or three times daily.
- Calgary-Las Vegas, from 19 to 20 times weekly.
- Calgary-Orlando, from five to seven times weekly.
- Calgary-Cancun, from 16 to 20 times weekly.
- Calgary-Cabo San Lucas, from eight weekly flights to 10 weekly flights.
- Calgary-Huatulco, from two weekly flights to three weekly flights.
- Calgary-Mazatlan, from three weekly to four weekly.
- Calgary-Puerto Vallarta, from 14 to 19 times weekly.
- Calgary-Ixtapa/Zihuantanejo, from four weekly to five times weekly.
- Calgary-Belize, from one to two times weekly.
- Calgary-Nashville seasonal route ending will now be November 26, 2018 and will resume on March 1, 2019.
- Extension of existing summer service on WestJet Link through the winter between Calgaryand Cranbrook, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Lloydminster and Prince George.
Other highlights of WestJet’s 2018/2019 winter schedule include:
- New nonstop weekly service between Saskatoon and Orlando.
- An additional daily flight from Vancouver to Nanaimo.
- An increase of one daily flight from Edmonton to Kelowna for a total of seven flights a day each business day.
- Edmonton-Los Angeles, from six weekly flights to seven weekly flights.
- Edmonton-Orlando from once weekly to twice weekly.
- Edmonton-Cabo San Lucas from once weekly to twice weekly.
- Toronto-Las Vegas, from 14 weekly flights to 15 weekly.
- Toronto-Fort Lauderdale from 12 weekly flights to 16 weekly.
- Toronto-Orlando, from 15 weekly to 18 times weekly.
- Toronto-Tampa, from seven weekly to eight times weekly.
- Toronto-Kingston, Jamaica, from two to three times weekly.
- Toronto-Grand Cayman, from two weekly flight to three times weekly.
- Toronto-Nassau, from nine weekly flights to 12 weekly flights.
- Toronto-Turks and Caicos, from two weekly flights to four times weekly.
- Toronto-San Juan, from one weekly flight to two times weekly.
- Toronto-St. Maarten will operate four times weekly.
- Toronto-London (ON), from 14 weekly flights to 21 weekly flights or three times daily.
This winter, WestJet will operate an average of 701 daily flights to 96 destinations including 39 in Canada, 22 in the United States, 34 in Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America, and one in Europe.
Copyright Photo: WestJet Airlines Boeing 737-8 MAX 8 C-GRAX (msn 60513) LGW (Antony J. Best). Image: 942327.
WestJet aircraft slide show: